Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Name of the game is Werewolf!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Name of the game is Werewolf!

*C'mon people, no one replied yet- need people. >_<*
    (Before I begin with this long explanation and invitation I'll be blunt and up front. I'm not a DM, obviously- I just mod werewolf games. I want to see werewolf find a place in Sundren- because the game lends itself well to any group of role players, any plot, or any place that needs some strife and conflict thrown in.)

As you walk into the dank back room of the Menacing Mariner- you find a strip of paper pinned to the farthest wall.

"My name is Baculus, and I am inviting you people of the world of Sundren to partake in a... test. A test of a game dubbed by many in my realm known as werewolf- I need six to nine willing participants to be here, in my domain at Eight PM eastern Februray 28th, 2007."
    ~~~~~

Ok, simple right? I need six to nine willing participants that would be willing to try a "new" game. The game is at eight oclock- tomorrow, roughly... twenty-seven hours away. Now before I get into how the game works, and why it is so amazing in a heavy RP setting- I'll answer a quick question.

1) Who is elligible to play?
    1a) While it would be cool for a DM to stop by- anyone who is able to stay in a reasonable midevil RP character- play by the rules- and show up for the game time is welcome.

Anywho the game, the roles, and everything you need is explained at http://www.editthis.info/caelwiki/SemiRPG and a quick guide is at http://www.editthis.info/caelwiki/Se...Beginner_Guide

But, I'll explain the overall flow of the game anyways.

In short- the game is broken down into two alternating sections- day and night. And there are three basic roles this game will be using(while more are available(I believe there are fifty rolls or so) we'er going to keep this first game simple)

Day- This is the time you assess your surroundings, roleplay, interact with eachother and lynch.

Night- This is the time where the moderator lets the werewolf, seer, and fool-seer exercise their powers. You do not speak or roleplay during this part.

(Occaisionally there is no "night" or "day" but periods of rest, and non-rest. These are the terms used to refer to these periods)

The roles are as follows...

Werewolf(s)- This is the name for the bad entities in the game. It is not always an actual werewolf; depending on setting the werewolf might be an assasin or just an antagonist that must be stopped.

They kill one play every night. If there is more than one wolf, they must work together to choose their target. They never kill more than one player a night. They also appear as regular characters during the day.

Seer- This role works as a regular human during the day- at night they may ask the moderator to reviel the role of one player. The moderator tells the seer this person's role. The seer chooses what to do with this information- wether or not to keep it hidden.

Fool-Seer- This role works exactly like the seer, except the moderator gives them the wrong role when they ask. If a fool seer scans a seer, or vice versa the other is revieled as the fool seer.
    ~~~~
    So, you know what the two game halves are- you know some of the basic roles- good. Now lets learn what you gotta do with these roles.

There are usually two sides- the humans and the werewolf(s).

The humans objective is to kill all the werewolf(s) before they themselves are killed.

The werewolf(s)'s objective is to outlast the humans, killing one of them per night; untill the werewolf's number equal the humans.
    ~~~~
    2) So, we know how the werewolves kill the humans; but how do the humans kill the werewolves?
    2a) Ok, during the day the humans may nominate one of their own to lynch. This person then is voted on- and if the majority agrees that they should be lynched- that person is killed. While there is no definitive way to know beforehand if that person was the werewolf- you can often tell the true werewolf out by role playing styles. Because under the stress of being the werewolf- many people do things differently, or make mistakes.

You must investigate your fellow players, to figure out which is lieing about their intentions.
    ~~~~
    3) Ok, so... we know the basic rules- but how does this affect Sundren?
    3a) It's simple really- werewolf is a role playing game based around bluffing, lieing, and in the end masking your character's goals. Sundren is a role playing world in which you are given goals and plots by game masters, and you role play with each other.

So if you mix both of these- you will get a very enjoyable gaming experience- filled with strife and tension; along with good ol' DnD styles plots and roles.

Simple stories(not using a straight out werewolf plot) could include assassination based plots; a caravan of some sort moving through zones- or even a necromancer's henchman has infiltrated the group of adventurers.

The plots or ideas are limitless- and no matter what; werewolf fits in with any group or idea that needs strife or conflict between it's players.
    ~~~
    4) Erm... ok? How do I show up?
    4a) This game of werewolf will be hosted on IRC(Internet Relay Chat) on the caelestia servers. If you do not have an IRC client- the easiest way to join us is to go to-
    http://aqstats.com/chat.php and click on any of the chat room names in the middle of the page. Once there choose your roleplaying handle and type- "/join #werewolf" and "/join #werewolf-ooc" (without the " " marks of course) and be there around 8 oclock Februrary 28th. My usual handles there are (X, Darare, The Spiteful Benefactor).
    ~~~
    5)Ok, cool- how do the games look?
    5a) They usually go like this...
    <Game start roles assigned>
    <Day 0- the plot and basic area is set up. Characters are given a chance to interact. Roleplaying goes here>
    <Night 0- An NPC is killed, or a disaster happens that would prompt the characters to suspect something is amiss>
    <Day 1- character can start forming judgments of each other, or even lynching if they'd like. Roleplaying goes here>
    <Night 1- the werewolf picks it's victim and kills them. Seers activate their powers if they are alive>

This general loop keeps happening until either the humans or the werewolf wins.
    ~~~
    If your interested in joining us(hopefully) please post here and let me know you'll be coming. If I know the amount of people I can make a better plot ahead of time! I hope you enjoy this hopefully interesting game!
    Last edited by Baculus; 02-28-2007, 05:36 PM.

Alcander Nefezen-'Sometimes, I wonder, does a Dragon see the same colours as I?"

Welp... didn't happen sadly- No one came...

I'll try this again another time- in a different manner though. I hope someone shows up for that attempt. *laughs*

Alcander Nefezen-'Sometimes, I wonder, does a Dragon see the same colours as I?"

Comment

everyone is to busy playing sundren lol

Comment

Working...
      X