Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chat Programs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Programs!

During downtime and stuff, we should really get into huge, chaotic chats on AIM or MSN or Yahoo and just be dorks. Whaddya say?

Um... I'm always a dork whether it be in-game, in-forum, or on messenger...

Maleficus "Ravenor" Carnificis
    "Dreams... such fertile ground for the seeds of torment. I can sense your ripeness and, oddly enough, it is time for the harvest. Please, save your tears... I intend to reap your sorrow slowly and have ages to discover the things that make you suffer... I am eager to revel in the sweet melody of your screams and the melancholy of your despair..."
    Eldraxus Tzyvioq
    Mystic Theurge (and Harper) of Deneir wandering the Sundered Valley in search of (and with the intention of mapping out) places of power, ley-line intersections, and other locations where the divine and arcane intersect...

Comment

That's cute though. Dorks rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
        During downtime and stuff, we should really get into huge, chaotic chats on AIM or MSN or Yahoo and just be dorks. Whaddya say?
        I think this should be avoided at all costs. If there is a demand I can set up the Sundren IRC channel again but it feels like more headache and just another thing for us to moderate.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Why would it matter if it's not on the forums and on AIM/MSN? o_o

Comment

Aren't those programs just one on one chat? Traffic can get heavy if theres like 10 people chatting to each other...or is there a way to set it up so everyone can chat at once...like a chat room or something?
            "My dual blades shall seek those who defy nature's art. For the spirit of the forest lives within my heart."
            ~Telemir Arelieth - Ranger of Chauntea

Comment

They can all create chat rooms internally. All we would have to do is invite people to it...

Comment

Why do we moderate the forums? They're not part of the server.

Eh, just saying that to sort of demonstrate what you said. These things need to be warded against people just looking to cause trouble, just like anything else.

Comment

You can always take over a channel on Gamespy chat in game... like Tech Support.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethereal Edge View Post
                    Why do we moderate the forums? They're not part of the server.

Eh, just saying that to sort of demonstrate what you said. These things need to be warded against people just looking to cause trouble, just like anything else.
                    Do you think any trouble, if any that is caused on a AIM Chatroom between Sundren Players, would spill onto here?

Comment

An occasional chatroom would be interesting. Getting to know the players behind the characters of Sundren could prove to be potentially interesting... Or it could just degrade into chaos...
                      Character(s)
                      >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                      ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Chaos....*pulls out a plasma pistol*
                        Dale Kalmir -Fighter/Lover/Leader/Hero
                        Arcadius Delmont- Snob
                        Drum - Little
                        Syris Namor - Sober

Comment

No, not that kind of chaos... That's friendly chaos. We're talking about people barging in with OMFG SUNDRN SUX and whatnot. Then again, that's what the 'Silence' button is for. On that note, it might be better if it was a (semi)permanent IRC channel... I have some experience with those, and they usually go pretty well, even without moderators and such.
                          Character(s)
                          >Olin Lavith - Human scholar with a passion for knowledge.

Don't change the color to match the walls. Look like you belong and the walls will change color to match you.
                          ?Kender Proverb, Time of the Twins

Comment

Originally posted by qwerty06 View Post
                            Chaos....*pulls out a spoon*

Fixed .
                            Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by Clutch View Post
                              Fixed .
                              Haha, that is truely Chaos.....* tries to block any memory of "the spoon".
                              Dale Kalmir -Fighter/Lover/Leader/Hero
                              Arcadius Delmont- Snob
                              Drum - Little
                              Syris Namor - Sober

Comment

Working...
                              X