Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movies that make me want to... leave life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies that make me want to... leave life

Were I built with concrete and mortar I would be impervious to the plights of the characters that portray to me a fictional screenplay, derived from the inner workings of a mad man who causes the emotions to ignite in a wonderous display of feelings.

I am flesh, therefore I find that movies that relate too closely to the concept that fate is inescapable draw too close to the statistics that something terrible will happen to an individual and they will do all they can only to fail in the face of it all.

A few movies I cannot watch (WARNING SPOILERS).

The Departed
    In this movie we pit two informants against each other, both unaware of the identity of the other. The conflict tends to be suspenseful as you watch the two come close to discovering the other. However, the "hero" in this story loses, and badly. An anticlimatic end as well. Shot down and nearly forgotten for the last 15 - 20 minutes of the movie. It leaves you feeling as if good actions do not go rewarded because the villains were taken down by other villains or heavily chaotic individuals.

Dead Presidents
    The epitome of inescapable fate. A young afro-american man goes through life, gets worse, gets worse, gets worse, then winds up in prison after trying to rob a bank to make life better for himself. All of his friends die or get arrested as well. If you are below the middle class level of america and want a movie that makes you feel as though you are trapped there and will likely die from it, here is a movie for you.

The way of the gun
    The end message of this movie? Those who live will die. A lesson I do not believe I really am required to learn as I'm quite aware I will die. Unfortunately a gruesome and likely painful death, only to be forgotten within 2 removed generations of my existence.

Gattica (sp?)
    In this story, we see the outcome of the Battletech universe brought to widescreen. If you are born a freebirth (Not genetically altered to be efficient) then you are screwed in life because they won't hire you for work nor will you be healthy enough to outswim your brother in a lake. Movies like this only point out flaws to people and make it seem as though you have to cheat to survive in the world.

Carlito's Way
    This movie makes me feel as though our second chances are also a waste of time. Because in the end we will be screwed over by the guy we should have returned evil to when given the chance. So the moral is, if you want to live, be evil.

Empire
    You are rich, but you're still a hood rat. You should have known better than to believe your money mattered. You should have known better than to think with money you could live a better life. You are born to a class that accepts you and if you deviate from it, you are going to die.

And many more...

Originally posted by GodBeastX View Post
    The Departed
    In this movie we pit two informants against each other, both unaware of the identity of the other. The conflict tends to be suspenseful as you watch the two come close to discovering the other. However, the "hero" in this story loses, and badly. An anticlimatic end as well. Shot down and nearly forgotten for the last 15 - 20 minutes of the movie. It leaves you feeling as if good actions do not go rewarded because the villains were taken down by other villains or heavily chaotic individuals.
    Oooh I didn't dislike the movie -that- much, the only thing that REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ( Did I say really ? ) annoyed me was the fact that they choose Matt Demon and Dicaprio in a IRISH setting. IRISH for christ' sake, it may aswell have been settled in New York and I wouldn't have noticed the difference >_<

Though I begin to like how DiCaprio acts after Gangs of New York & The Departed, atleast he's removing that horrific Titanic humping image a bit
    Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

I don't even watch movies. Seriously. Most of them are so horrible nowadays it's a waste of two hours of my life watching explosions and bad acting.

Comment

Not all.

The only movies I refuse to watch are movies like Torque. x.x

Comment

I saw Ghost Rider.. hahah

It was allright.. worth 9 bucks.. .

Actually i bought my buddies ticket.. he was my date that night.. *sigh*

Current: Dae'Vesta, freaky female half-drow assassin

Like Metal ? ----> http://www.myspace.com/cryofsickness2008

Comment

haha, well. I've seen Let's Go To Prison ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0454987/ ). It's a okay movie, it's a incredible standard hollywood comedy script.. but hells, I liked the acting of Dax Shepard enough to enjoy it.
            Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Let's Go to Prison was awesome...I enjoyed Ghost rider despite what everyones been saying about it, too. ''/

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlett View Post
                Let's Go to Prison was awesome...I enjoyed Ghost rider despite what everyones been saying about it, too. ''/
                Saw that last night. It did what I wanted it to do: entertained. I think some people just have too many expectations at a theatre. I go there to have fun, see some cool explosions, watch a good fight and walk away feeling like it was worth 10 bucks to have fun seeing it.
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Though...comparatively, movie prices where I live are much cheaper then where some of you live...3 dollars per showing.

Comment

Jesus Christ Vampire Slayer.... I want my life back
                    Did I mention I hate Cats?

Comment

I just saw The Breach tonight based on the true story of how Robert Hansen was caught working as a double agent in the FBI for the Soviets. Last two other movies I saw in the theatre was The Messengers and Children of Men. Both are pretty good movies.

PC: Scott Marlinton - Sorceror

Comment

Vampire Bats.....I forgot why I even wanted to watch it! Killer bats that casts some F class acting and crappy MS paint effects. The bats kill the usual deliver boy and fisherman then some crappy resident who is either a mechanic or janitor saves the day with the female scientist and fall in love at the same time.

I prefer torture to this movie.
                        Dale Kalmir -Fighter/Lover/Leader/Hero
                        Arcadius Delmont- Snob
                        Drum - Little
                        Syris Namor - Sober

Comment

Working...
                        X