Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about Warlocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Warlocks

Well, I noticed that warlocks are a class that needs approval, and that they are currently closed... Apparently there was a large number of them at some point, and they needed control... Which I can agree with, everybody and their mother having a warlock would be lame. BUT... That number has dwindled down to three, and I was wondering why the class remains closed to applications. Is it because of IMB, or is it because you'd rather not have warlocks around much?

The reason I'm asking is because I'd very much like to recreate my PNP warlock on the server, but if you don't want warlocks period that's fine too. XD
    Dart Bendry- Loviatan, sexual deviant, struggling thief.

I know of one warlock that I see fairly often, and one that I used to see but I haven't seen in awhile. I'm willing to bet that there may only be 1 or 2 active ones though. I think that the reason it's still application is because if it wasn't be would have warlocks up the ass like so many other servers, but I think the DM's also want it to be a pretty rare class to see, no more than 1 or 2 is my guess.
    Akodo
    Rhime - or is he?

Comment

It's not just application only, it's closed... Which I think means they won't let you even if you do apply.
      Dart Bendry- Loviatan, sexual deviant, struggling thief.

Comment

Oh, sorry, I thought it was open, then yeah, it's probably because right now they have met the current warlock cap that they have set for themselves, and they probably won't open it again until a warlock leaves or maybe if the player base gets larger they might accept another one. Also, this is just my opinion, not the developer's.
        Akodo
        Rhime - or is he?

Comment

I don't really see why Warlocks should be any more or less common than a Sorcerer, but then again, I don't know much about Warlocks.
          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

They get their powers by making a pact with an abyssal power Kang. Sometimes in exchange for their soul etc., or some other way of binding themselves to a devil/demon. So yeah, even among mages/sorcerers a warlock should be a bit of a rarity.

On-topic though I think we could use a couple more, however as always it's up the dev team.
            Current Player Of: Aden Astartes, Orren Baneshollow, Amnius, Kord Illumen and Lotho

Comment

Coincidentally, that is how you get to play an ECL class on Sundren: make a pact / give your soul to the staff.

Comment

hey! Neither I nor Alyrian has given his soul to anyone ... yet.

Comment

I knew it was threw the pact with some kind of evil creature, but a Sorcerer is through Dragon's blood, isn't it? Should that not be almost just as rare?

I'm not sure how often Dragons fool around with humanoids though, so I'm really not sure about this... I would just get the impression it should also be an oddity.
                  Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

I'd like to point out that warlocks can also get their powers from powerful fey creatures as well. This is done almost exactly as from demons/devils.

-V
                    Aresid Brin - Hardened Fighter and Self-Endowed Leader
                    Norvrim Frust - Accent or speech impediment, YU decide!
                    Nathel Menthell - Duelist of Tymora

Comment

Originally posted by Vejuz View Post
                      I'd like to point out that warlocks can also get their powers from powerful fey creatures as well. This is done almost exactly as from demons/devils.

-V
                      Although such are exceedingly rare, and few in number... when regular evil warlocks are already rare.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Kangleton View Post
                        I knew it was threw the pact with some kind of evil creature, but a Sorcerer is through Dragon's blood, isn't it? Should that not be almost just as rare?

I'm not sure how often Dragons fool around with humanoids though, so I'm really not sure about this... I would just get the impression it should also be an oddity.

Last I heard, Dragons are pimp o matics who regularly attend SAA meetings (Sex Addict Annonymous) for the express purpose of hooking up with humans.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
                          Last I heard, Dragons are pimp o matics who regularly attend SAA meetings (Sex Addict Annonymous) for the express purpose of hooking up with humans.

That....or certain types of dragons have been known to shapeshift into a humanoid form. Remember BG2? The silver dragon changed from a pretty elven lady into a raging beast if you took anything from her hoard =P
                          Characters:
                          Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                          Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                          If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Keep in mind sorcerers also can pull their power from genies, demons, devils, angels, and Fey blood too.
                            "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

I haven't met a warlock for a long time. Would like to play one actually. Given that I don't have that much time to play it would be a rare sight :P
                              Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Working...
                              X