Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lose vs. Loose

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose vs. Loose

Alright, I'm sick of this crap!

Lose - To misplace an object, person. 'Nuff said.

Loose - To take slack out of a knot. 'Nuff said.

Stop interchanging to two and please, for the love of Puck, get a dictionary. If you are not good with English, I hope I have helped you out.

~Mako~
    "How did you get into the press box?"

"I walk with boldness and authority wherever I go...it works sometimes."

Oh can I add these two?

sorcerer not sorceror

rogue not rouge

Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

uh... Howdy! (?)
      Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
      -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
      -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
      -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
      - Done -

Comment

My personal beef is between "your" and "you're."

Comment

Originally posted by Xeesheava View Post
          uh... Howdy! (?)
          I hate you.
          Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiangtao View Post
            My personal beef is between "your" and "you're."
            That one and to, too, and two just irritate me
            Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

OMG the loose thing annoys me so much as well!

And to add, their, they're and there used correctly would be appreciated.
              Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Yes, the english language has been royally butchered on many occasions hasn't it?

How about we clarify some of those other annoying words.

Their - speaking of something that belongs you someone else it is Theirs.

They're - a contraction for They Are *he points They're over There* (oh look I combined two of them )

There - describing a location. *he points at the tree over THERE*

Your - something that belongs to you is yours.

You're - a contraction for You Are. (sometimes you're an idiot.)

We're - a contraction for We Are (We're all going to the tavern.)

Were - speaking about an event in the past. (We were visiting the Mossclaw.) or (We were going to visit the Mossclaw.)

Hopefully if people read this it will help them with the usage of those complicated english terms, feel free to add an example if you feel I left something out.
                Akodo
                Rhime - or is he?

Comment

colour
                  favour
                  armour

Stop mangling our language, and spell them properly.

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
                    colour
                    favour
                    armour

Stop mangling our language, and spell them properly.

Oh just give in and speak American. Silly English speakers
                    Your friendly neighborhood drunk

Comment

Originally posted by Aries1918 View Post
                      Oh just give in and speak American. Silly English speakers

NEVARRR!!!

We must protect our beautiful language from these "American" speaking people. (for the record I do live in the United States )

Also, I think the colour, flavour, etc. come from French speaking users, I remember something about it being how they spell or pronounce it. Kind of like grey and gray, or how some people say zed for 'z' instead of zee, it's zee damn't! *crosses his arms stubbornly*
                      Akodo
                      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

of course it's zed! I even pronounce DBZ as 'Dee Bee Zed', just to confuse people!

And I think the french flag is known as the drapeau tricolore.
                        So I think this color nonsense comes from there, actually. Silly french people.

And grey is so much more aesthetically pleasing than gray.

Comment

You're loosing your temper over a rather silly arbitrary rule don't you think?

Maybe you should losen up.
                          "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

Draco is making me laugh multiple times per day now. Pat yourself on the back.

Also, horray for the letter "u". Saulus lives in Canada, and he owns the server, and by natural extention, the server is Canadian. We Canadians, when in doubt, just add the letter "u" to everything, like our European ascendants taught us. Therefore, all you Americans should feel obligated to do the same, under the reign of Saulus the Canadian.

You have just read the official declaration of intent. Re-read if there are any questions.

I would also like to go on to say that, in addition to adding the letter "u" to everything, people should use proper punctation and capitalization! If you don't know how to spell a word here and there, fine, we all make mistakes... but do we not all realize that when you use names, titles, and when you refer to yourself, you capitalize the first letter? At the end of the sentence, are you not aware that you have many delightful options as to what you can place there? We have periods, question marks, and exclamation marks to suit your languistic needs! Please! Just consider some of them...
                            Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Spelling snobs!

If someone that doesn't spell words exactly the way they should be ruins your RP or day, LOL, you have more serious problems than being a spelling nazi!

Also, there are many people from many different countries that play on this server and their english is probably much better than your French, Spanish, or Russian.........so, loosen up I say

Let me help you: I want two ice cream cones the colour blue and I want you to put them their on the bench where you're friend is waiting.

Comment

Working...
                              X