Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Character Theme Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Theme Songs

The old thread must be out of date by now, so here's a new one. What's your character's theme tune?

Tornur Hammerfall is Blind Guardian - The Soulforged. And not just because he follows Moradin.

What're yours?

DMing: Valve - Still Alive
    Personal Theme: Voltaire - When You're Evil
    Akratan Harkonos: Disturbed - Meaning of Life
    Milo: Oasis - Cast No Shadow
    Wolf: Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up to Boston
    Adamus Dion: The Clash - I Fought the Law
    Josef Keyes: Puscifier - The Undertaker (Renholder mix)
    Last edited by Echelon13; 01-05-2008, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Malaclypse when alive
      Classical; Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture
      Contemporary; It's a toss up between (or a mix of) Public Enemy 'Fight the Power', and The Avalanches 'Frontier Psychiatrist'

Malaclypse now
      Classical; Mozart's requiem mass
      Contemporary; Bauhaus, 'The three shadows part two'

Torgrimm Orcstomper
      Classical; Flight of the Bumblebee
      Contemporary; Bentley Rhythm Ace, 'alot of stick but not much carrot'

EDIT: Having just listened to said songs, PE makes more sense than the Sex Pistols for Malaclypse
      Last edited by Machiavelli; 12-03-2007, 11:56 AM.
      I got one leg missin'
      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
      Meet the Feebles

Comment

The dearly deceased Taylor Windurhst shares the good ol' 1812 Overture with Sir Malaclypse. However, I don't have theme songs for my characters; only situations. And that's not really themes - that's 'setting music'.
        Active
        Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
        Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Two from the same artist for Josephine:

Nobody's Home, by Avril Lavigne
          and
          Freak Out, also by Avril Lavigne

Mainly the first one is Jo's primary overall theme, as it refers to how lost and broken she really is, not knowing what to do or where to go. The second one is refers to her most common outwards attitude towards people, the way she wants people to believe she is--a tough girl who can take care of herself.
          Last edited by Rhifox; 12-05-2007, 10:56 PM. Reason: Reasons for the songs.
          -Arcanist Josirah Caranos, Red Wizard of Thay

Comment

Hmmm.

Sethryn - Sopranos - Theme Song - Woke up This Morning
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Humm, not soemthing I really thought of, but here are the ones that fit my chars well

Tessa - Poison - Alice Cooper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1c14Z0YUTU
              Tim - Danger! High Voltage - Electric Sixhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4gyJsY0mc
              Kes Thorn - The boys are back in town - Thin Lizzyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU
              Thomas Kingston - My Kind of Guy - Kaiser Chiefs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4vBs-zABpw
              Elvindiar - Shut up - Madness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7nwpviUpVA
              "We are what we think.
              All that we are arises with our thoughts.
              With our thoughts, we make our world"

Comment

Originally posted by Satoshi View Post
                The dearly deceased Taylor Windurhst shares the good ol' 1812 Overture with Sir Malaclypse.
                Da Tovarisch!

Listen, do you hear the strings.... Here comes the crescendo!
                I got one leg missin'
                How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                Meet the Feebles

Comment

Grey'den Stormhammer:
                  -shouts at his enemy: "Are you dead yet?"
                  Gulli05
                  Characters:
                  -Galidran Myrkara - Theme: Progenies of the Great Apocalypse - Dimmu Borgir
                  -Zeherna "Zera" Zahiir
                  -Garidas Wulfden Telien
                  -Galiana Eld'zan
                  -Grey'den Stormhammer

Comment

...this is how I see it most days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Po8uJeoUw
                    The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
                    (login)
                    the sun starts to rise as the music cues. My eyes slowly start to open and I see forest by the lake before me. I stretch and crack my neck. I rise and take a deep breath, I look into my empty mug. I start to walk down the natural trail towards to the Exigo Trading Post...a large bear shakes off the morning dew from his thick hide and yawns, he pants heavily and clamers up to join me as I pass by.
                    (music still playing)

I rotate my shoulder and throw my cloak and hat on, the bear snaps at a fly as we push through a copse of trees. I see a man cloaked in greens packing up his gear. A quiver on his back and a pair of axes hanging off his belt. I nod as I pass by and he joins me...soon a grey wolf pads along with us.
                    (music still playing)

Through the trading post, merchants nod while others keep safely behind their booths at the sight of wild animals. All along the way we brush past travellers, adventurer's, vampires, phantoms, reapers, shadows, umber hulks, mindflayers, bluedragons, berserkers, imps, mephits, talking cats and ferrets.

I tip my hat to guards and wave my hand over my cup, it fills with cool water. We reach the crossroads, the bear looks up to me as I give a nod. The wolf wags his tail and looks up to Sigrun and he nods. We look at each other and take our places around the campfire, and nod. We watch as the morning sun stretchs our shadows across the trail before us.

I take a sip from my mug...the water is bittersweet.

So our day begins.
                    (music fades out)
                    Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

"may your experience here be legendary." - Ipsissimus

Comment

I'll say This River is Wild by the Killers.

Good lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH3w45PK-2g
                      ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

Ipsissimus, that was startlingly moving. Probably because I knew the song, even without the link, and the roleplaying touches my blackened, withered soul just right. Ah, if only I still could spawn an enraged bovine near you...
                        Active
                        Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
                        Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Satoshi View Post
                          Ipsissimus, that was startlingly moving. Probably because I knew the song, even without the link, and the roleplaying touches my blackened, withered soul just right. Ah, if only I still could spawn an enraged bovine near you...
                          Thanks, that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I'm glad to know I could reach out and touch someone...as for bovines? (shivers slightly) I think I'm still lactose intolerate after the last episode.

...it looked like dolphins jumping out of the water but it was a cow doing it out of the solid ground...
                          Father Perry - "...great, not only do rats carry disease but apparently they explode into a fiery ball of flame.?"

"may your experience here be legendary." - Ipsissimus

Comment

Apocalyptica & Sandra Nasic - Path

This song fits Neeravin pretty spot on, the lyrics sort of an inner voice for her.

Comment

Got this one for Blue Wyrm's Roger Datson..
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBAgkmy2vrg

a great band, a great track... no video though.. and bear with it, it gets better.
                              "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Working...
                              X