Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Everquest Next

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Everquest Next

Everquest 'Never' Next canceled

https://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/

Well at least people will have their minecraft version that they spent up to100$ on thats now selling for 10$ in a couple months

While I'm not surprised about this, I'm suuuuuper annoyed about it, I backed them by buying Landmark years ago and have been watching it like a hawk since then.
    My to-be toon:
    Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
    Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
    Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
    Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

They said they cancelled because Everquest Next wasn't fun... Funny that was 'Never' a consideration when Everquest was never fun IMO.
      Originally posted by roguethree
      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Heh . . I played Everquest 1 for like 12 years straight, well not non stop but almost.

Comment

Sorry to hear. I have never played any online game save for NWN2. I would be interested if there was as good RP as with NWN2 PWs, particularly Sundren. Though I would hate to split time. Side note Shards looked like it might be good, but not sure about the RP side.
          Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
          Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
          Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
          Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Shards is being designed by NWN players for PWs, basically. People can run their own Shard, and enforce their own rules on it, so I imagine if a particular crew migrated from NWN2 to Shards, the quality of the RP would migrate with them. It isn't like an MMO where it's all a crapshoot.
            WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Has anyone tried the Pre-Alpha of that yet?
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

The trouble with shards is that it just looks awful.

Every gameplay video I've seen just looks dire, like some compilation of the worst of the mechanics from Arcanum and Ultima Online (though given how many ex Ultima devs are on it I don't think we should be surprised).

Visually it's a blandathon. Like a house being flipped it's a makeover of staggering off-white beigeness all wrapped up in the most generic implementation of the dreaded 'Unity Look'.

Its often garbled development messages failed to inspire confidence in its kickstarter campaign and haven't got better since.

Maybe I'm overly harsh or judgmental, but giving what I've seen so far I wouldn't pay in advance for it.
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

I just had a look on the website and checked out the screenshots which looked pretty, then I looked at the videos and saw how bland it looked in motion. Their pricing strategy seems confusing aswell; You don't pay to run a server (a shard) but you do pay to run a cluster (a collection of servers that use the same ruleset)?

Comment

Yes I have only looked at the pics and videos. It does not look very good "visually" but thought that the expand ability and customization capabilities that is might be worth looking at. I love NWN2 even with its bugs. Ultimately its about the people I play with.
                    Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
                    Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
                    Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
                    Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

Working...
                    X