Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Sale

Just in case any of you hadn't noticed, steam is having a pretty big sale for Lunar New Year (big as in many games, though some of the discounts are not bad either).

I picked up a copy of Empyrion, which I've been eyeing for ages, and it is indeed a lot of fun, aside from giving me RSI from clicking so damn much.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/383120/

It's only an alpha at this stage so still a bit unpolished, but it's fun driving around in your ship mining ores to build bigger ships, bases etc. And also making ships in ridiculous shapes.
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Yeah I flagged that one for myself too. Might buy it now that it's got a recommendation.

Have you played Endless Legend? That one is 2/3 off right now.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Love endless legend, nice visuals, diverse races and great gameplay with many of the races requiring very different play techniques. An absolutely top notch example of a 4x game.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Yeah, it was a toss up between Endless Legend, Star Crawlers and Empyrion. But, at the end of the day I wanted something i could stop and start easily without forgetting the plot.

Really though it's just too addictive....i've been thinking all day about where I can find Sathium ore to make a capital ship
        UTC+8

Characters
        Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Too much xcom! My psionic soldier is now immune to elemental damage... sweet.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
            Too much xcom! My psionic soldier is now immune to elemental damage... sweet.
            Hush!

Must not start to play that game until I have the Sundren stuff finished.

Armello's supposed to be good as well, though I can't say either way (got it ages back and still not played it). That's 25% off and looks lovely.
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
              Hush!

Must not start to play that game until I have the Sundren stuff finished.

Armello's supposed to be good as well, though I can't say either way (got it ages back and still not played it). That's 25% off and looks lovely.
              What, you mean you haven't see the Elysium inspired exo-suits with plasma-swords?
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

lalalalalaLALALALALALA!!!

*Covers ears*

I can't hear you...
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                  Love endless legend, nice visuals, diverse races and great gameplay with many of the races requiring very different play techniques. An absolutely top notch example of a 4x game.
                  I prefer Age of Wonders 3 to EL. EL is a prettier game, and brings some truly new concept to 4X, and AoW3 is more of a HoMM clone than true 4X. I really dislike how few unit types each faction in EL has. Sure, there's minor villages, but those don't add anything to the faction's theme. I really don't like having to keep updating unit designs.

Anyways, AoW3 is also on sale, but you should wait until it's on sale on GoG and get it there.
                  WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Yeah, the unit pool is quite small in EL, that's definitely a drawback. But the pretties win for me, EL is simply lovely to look at.

No more games for me for a bit, simply got to many of the damn things I've bought and not played! Plus going to be grabbing a much anticipated Marvelous Designer license at the end of this month and that blows my entire software budget for the next few months in one go! (though I might possibly stretch for a copy of The Division. Maybe.)
                    Sydney Smith.

Comment

I've got AOW3 and like it a lot.

The one I can't give up is 7 Days to Die. Not pretty, but very fun.
                      "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
                      -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Lamb View Post
                        I've got AOW3 and like it a lot.

The one I can't give up is 7 Days to Die. Not pretty, but very fun.
                        Let me know if you ever want to play! Though that does touch upon one of the things I don't like about AoW3, which is that you can't do anything while another player is in a battle.
                        WWW•REKOV•COM

Comment

Is Endless Legend like Heroes of M&M crossed with Civilisation? I havn't heard this term 4x before....
                          Originally posted by roguethree
                          If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Empyrion is just too addictive...can't believe I've played 250 hours of it already and it's only a pre-alpha! Best $18 I ever spent (13 actually because I got it in the sale ha!)

Still, I have mentally prepared myself to sacrifice some capital ship building time to play Sundren soon
                            UTC+8

Characters
                            Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

Just had a look at Empyrion and I'll admit it looks awesome. I can only imagine what the full game will be like
                              Originally posted by roguethree
                              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                              X