Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meta gaming

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta gaming

To explain the other day going to do it here , rather then have to explain it over and over to different people.

I was playing my alt and Tallyman aka Bram logged on and I wanted to RP with him about my plot involving the legion, I sent him a tell saying hello , he returned the greetings, asked him if i can come and rp my plot line , got no reply so i figured he was doing the daily, so i switch toons to not miss him.

Yes I was buffed with my standard buffs I dont go into public without all long term buffs , protection from evil, death ward , that 24 hour reisist buff and my 2 persistents that lasts like all day. I mean hello triads have bounties on their heads.

I am pretty sure every caster Team good and team evil do not go out without their long term buffs.

Even neutrals are buffed at the inn, Dryn has a trail of smoke following him James walks slower then a turtle ect ect.

I mean how many times have DMs done random events at the inn, portals opening, Army of bandits demanding we surrendering our gold and gear, Privateers wanting to kill a suspected farmer women for being a banite, Vampires wanting to capture nobel women and tons I have not been around for, and also of course rival players.

Yes I did a search and saw there was people at the inn, and No I had no idea it was Blackhand face to face with a lone triad , of course I went to stand by his side.

I Know DMs can read chat logs and chats from Tells , Can a DM please review the logs and confirm that no tell to me was done telling me of the conflict.

Planned PVP and planned RP with bad guys is a ton of fun, I done tons of it with Michael and had a blast. but if you don't want other people to interfere with it, Don't do it at the 2nd wind inn. go to someplace like Tyr's fork ect ect. and people will not interfere.

Notice I do not go into Towns, Temples and taverns to intrude on peoples RP but the 2nd wind inn is a open invitation for RP and fun. That is how I always looked at it anyway, correct it if I am wrong.

Thanks you

I had no issue with Charoum showing up.. it did seem as if you switched to get in on the fun though. but I can't say for positive. I can say this... Dante was not buffed for that. He had no clue the Paladin was gonna be there. We were having a RP dialogue battle. He and I had PVP the day before so we both knew no PVP was happening that day.

Dante Rarely goes anywhere buffed for combat, its not realistic for him to do that. Nor should it be for others unless you are in an area you know to be hostile. the S wind isnt usually a place thats hostile.

People are going to bump into each other there. There is a board there for a daily. Kinda hard not to sometimes bump into someone.

James walks slow as a turtle for James reasons.. He can explain if he wishes, its not my place to say even though I know why it is.

However when I walk into a crowded area as Dante I usually say hello and then wait for someone to invite me into the conversation.. What surprised me the most about that whole ordeal was that Dante and Andrew were civil
    Danté Swift: Archmagus and Marshal of Sestra.

Comment

I'm not sure using the player locator counts as metagaming (unless you treat it as a spell or something silly). It's there to "accidentally" bump into people and find RP. I mean, it doesn't give names, and you can opt-out.

But the staff would have to officially weigh in on that, of course.
      Player of:
      Nadya Frost -
      Witchy Woman (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17774)
      Abigail Fryre - Short-Tempered (http://www.sundren.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16616)

Comment

I will attempt to address this post the best that I can.

The fact that the encounter that was taking place was purely organic, it was a happen stance. Everyone was there playing out the encounter in real time. I can only speak for myself, but I had no idea where that encounter was going to go. I was enjoying the RP as it evolved, and would have been happy with any way that it would of ended.

When something is this organic it makes it so much better, and the RP that much more intense. As the crowed began to build, the RP became that much more intense, but it was organic. The moment you logged off your alt, more than one person made a humorous comment about it, as if you were changing PCs. Then you logged on with your main toon, a few seconds later you walk out buffed and join right in the RP as if you had been there the entire time, and attempted to provoke the opposing faction. So I hope that you can understand why more than one person may have had an issue with how it worked out (right, wrong, or indifferent). That sequence of actions stifled everyone that was there, and we all made a conscious effort to end it before something took place that we may have all regretted.

I understand if you took this situation personally, it would be incredibly difficult not to. So please use it as a learning experience, and grow as a RPer.

Originally posted by jarlexel
        I am pretty sure every caster Team good and team evil do not go out without their long term buffs.
        Most of team Sestra does not do this. I have found that this is the quickest way to ruin RP, and we have worked really hard to change the culture of how we deal with those outside of the faction. I personally enjoy the RP more than a buff and steam roll people at various places. Planned or unplanned encounter with the opposing team, I never show up buffed. Because the moment you do the encounter is already predetermined and premeditated and completely disingenuous.
        Active Characters
        Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
        Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
        Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
        Dorin Hammond- Scout
        Seith Ronson- Master of War
        "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
        Socrates
        sigpic

Comment

I'm closing to this with a warning. Do not revert to out-of-character speech in the middle of an ongoing role-play situation and cancel in-character actions because someone else showed up, unless you have in-character reason to do so.

If you have a concern that someone is metagaming, please take it to the staff with logs and/or screenshots of the situation and we'll do our best to remedy the situation. Please, everyone, try to maintain civility and basic trust in your fellow players. If someone does something suspicious, feel free to report it, but breaking into out-of-character dialogue and foregoing role-play is never going to be encouraged, save for in the event of that the role-play violates our rules.

Comment

Working...
          X