Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Total War: Attila

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total War: Attila

Any other TW nerds playing this one? It's kind of fun getting to watch the fall of the Roman Empire after Rome 2.

The game runs like a dog even on my 980 but wow, the new fire simulation & destruction are something to admire on a top-end system (trees and buildings with fire propagation in a siege, yowzas).

If you're a barbarian faction you can abandon settlements and turn into a horde with an upgradable camp -- this is so fun in Total War when being bombarded on all sides by enemy armies to just pack up and fuck off wherever you want.

I need to try a Western Roman Empire campaign -- it's starting difficulty is Legendary (yeah, reverse the fall of the Roman Empire against the huns... good luck!).
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

I want to play this game. I've always loved the Total War games and this one looks awesome. But if it runs like a dog on a 980, I doubt my dual 570 gtx's in SLI will stand a chance. Plus, Team Good is eating up most of my play time
    Account Name: LuvHandles
    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Well, I am running the max preset which is supposed to be for future cards... so I guess the fact that I'm not getting high FPS on a card that currently exists is not as bad. Still it is more demanding than Rome 2 which means higher specs.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
      X