Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mapping - Swordcoast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping - Swordcoast

Hi,

look at this - https://swordcoast.com/ - I've been waiting literally years for this. This will be moment for me to return to mapping, which I love (I'm too pissed by NWN2 engine at this moment, that I don't enjoy it at all).

The first game I'm going to pre-order in my life just to support the developpers. I hope in great MOD support, DM Client confirmed (finally! one game at least) and the team behind? Original Dragon Age Origins team? After the dissapointing EA Inquisition on PC for me, this is it! My hopes are high!

http://youtu.be/jZmyUfDP1no

Cheers.
    Tupoun v.r.

Im bummed that its only 4 players and the dm, I would think if they are only launching 6 classes they would at least launch with 6 players, for a full party. Not everyone only has 4 friends!!! My hope is that they bump that up, but they probably won't :'(

Other than that, any dnd game is a good game!

Comment

That looks pretty cool!

A shame it's a limited player setup though, my dreams of another NWN style modifiable persistent server style setup but with a decent engine will remain unanswered!

Every time I start tooling about in Unreal 4 I come away awestruck, inspired and motivated to do cool fun shit. Every time I go into the NWN2 toolset feeling motivated, enthusiastic and wanting to make cool fun shit I come away frustrated, angry and ready to flip my desk in anger.

I'll definitely keep an eye on it (seems it's major launch push was on my birthday, so fair enough) but the lack of announced mod support (something normally wailed from the rooftops) and a few other things about that video don't have me buying into this being the next big thing.
      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
      Sydney Smith.

Comment

It makes me nervous that they are offering the DM beholder as part of a delux edition. Makes me feel like the toolset will be sold in pieces to make more money.
        Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
        Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
        Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
        Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
        Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

Toolset.... No toolset.

You choose a map, players can see your DM avatar as a twinkly light, you have to earn DM points before being able to place encounters which need to all be done dynamically, no pre-prep.

Bunch of fetid wank.
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
          X