Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Open Source Engine for Morrowind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source Engine for Morrowind

So I've been watching this:

https://openmw.org/en/

These folks are making an open source implementation of the Morrowind engine that can load resources from the Morrowind game. So now you can go back and replay Morrowind in what should be a better engine (since it can take advantage of newer hardware). It's interesting to see how this is coming along.

Too bad I wasn't able to find a similar effort for NWN2. It would be nice to have an open source version of the engine so we could fix the defects.
    Account Name: LuvHandles
    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Isn't there a TC for Morrowind in Skyrim already?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Are you talking about Skywind? If so, it's not quite the same thing because from the Skywind FAQ:

While ownership of both games is required to play, the player only actually plays Skywind using the Skyrim game, and not the older Morrowind game. This means that the user interface, combat, graphics, and system requirements for the Skywind mod are all those of Skyrim, and NOT Morrowind.
      OpenMW is a recreation of the Morrowind Engine and so it will use Morrowind mechanics for better or worse (though I do miss the larger skill list of Morrowind).
      Account Name: LuvHandles
      Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
      Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
      Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
      Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
      Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
      Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Working...
      X