Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

I was wondering if anyone had tried this game at all? So far it's been pretty awesome and takes up time when it seems Neverwinter Nights II is getting unbearable due to crashing. Some parts of it are pretty creepy, too. Anyway, I was just curious because an old friend from Neverwinter Nights was talking about it earlier in the week. You can get some pretty funny stories out of playing it, too.

Either way, it was a pretty decent purchase for $39.99. A bit glitchy, though.

Well...if you are considering NWN 2 to be buggy, how can you play Stalker? Load times from hell, graphics that demand too much of the CPU/GPU compared to other and better looking games. Not to mention the buggy quests as well.

The one really good side with it is that through mods you can fix some of these problems. the game is very moddable it seems

http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Mods;3785 <---link to many stalker mods.

The bugs made me put the game away, at least for now. Hopefully a patch 1.3 might be released.
    Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
    All your doubts and fears,
    And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
    The reason I'm here.

Comment

I beat this game awhile ago, very enjoyable. The graphics could have used some work (I ran it on max settings no problem). The big pain in the arse is that the game uses fully dynamic lighting but due to the way the engine was designed even if you have the hardware to support it, you can't enable AA with Full Dynamic lighting.

I think the thing I loved the most about STALKER was the ambience. I hear they already have more in the series in the works.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Patch 1.3 has been released, and Neverwinter Nights II is glitchy in the sense it totally shuts down on me -- a game with a few broken side-plots doesn't bother me. The worst that happens for me is an FPS drop occasionally that lasts a second or so. Otherwise my system handles it very nicely and it has yet to crash or get me killed due to a slowdown.

The environment is great and it's very immersive. It's what's causing me not to just rush through the main 'quests' and wander about doing stuff.

Comment

It's fun yea. Still have to beat it. Just dont have any time for it :P
          Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethereal Edge View Post
            Patch 1.3 has been released, and Neverwinter Nights II is glitchy in the sense it totally shuts down on me -- a game with a few broken side-plots doesn't bother me. The worst that happens for me is an FPS drop occasionally that lasts a second or so. Otherwise my system handles it very nicely and it has yet to crash or get me killed due to a slowdown.

The environment is great and it's very immersive. It's what's causing me not to just rush through the main 'quests' and wander about doing stuff.
            Ahh..right. The patch was released a little while ago. Installed it and didn't notice any difference. forgot about it LOL.

Guess your rig works well on Stalker and not on NWN 2. Opposite here
            Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
            All your doubts and fears,
            And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
            The reason I'm here.

Comment

Stalker is a great game, I only wish it had a way to play co-op and wander around the zone areas with a buddy. I found the graphics to be pretty good and the 'feel' of the game was wonderful. The backstory was cool too, and it was interesting to go off and wander around just looking at stuff.

Sorry your having issues with it.
              ----------------------
              Earl Montblanc

Comment

Love S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Excellent game, though I uninstalled it after I finished the main campaign. I needed that hard drive space for other things...

Comment

I was thinking about buying it a few times, but having keep reading people saying the game is based on a FedEx questing format, that has put me off a bit.
                  "You must gather your party before venturing forth".

What my game videos at:
                  http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=romeolongsword

Comment

Working...
                  X