Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wildstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wildstar

Why should you maybe give it a try? Level up messages like this, this, and this. This is the only MMO that has made me laugh half the time and be horrified at the horrible things the warring factions are doing the other half, and I have a few guest passes if anyone wanted to give it a try.
    I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

I played the Beta. It's Space WoW. I wasn't that impressed by it honestly.

I do like MMOs, but I want the next one I try to be innovative. I haven't seen that in a while.
    "Microsoft has to move the Reply All button further away from the Reply button. It's the computer equivalent of putting the vagina so close to the sphincter."
    -Bill Maher

Comment

Really? I have been curious about this title. It has received such high praise in the online media I have seen.

My burning question, however, can I be a dwarven prospector with straw hat and harmonica?

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Lamb View Post
        I played the Beta. It's Space WoW. I wasn't that impressed by it honestly.
        I personally find that comparison a bit off, WoW never really had skillshots or the amount of skill/talent customization. However, if you don't like it you don't like it, I'm not on their payroll and I'm not going to twist any arms.

Originally posted by kuscotopia View Post
        Really? I have been curious about this title. It has received such high praise in the online media I have seen.

My burning question, however, can I be a dwarven prospector with straw hat and harmonica?
        You can be a prospector (there is mining as a trade skill and exploration as a "path" which makes you run around staking claims on the map) but there are no dwarves. Giant rock men, tiny squirrel people, and Rocket Raccoon knockoffs yes, but no dwarves.
        I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Originally posted by sonuvalich View Post
          ...Giant rock men, tiny squirrel people, and Rocket Raccoon knockoffs yes, but no dwarves.
          Do any of those options have beards?

Comment

Originally posted by kuscotopia View Post
            Do any of those options have beards?
            The full on beards are really only available to humans and the more human-like races. However, I was able to create this abomination:

Comment

>BizzaroDryn
              I laughed

Comment

Pergo Server
                Dominion Side
                Player name: Breaks and Nonchalance.

Hit me up.

Comment

If you look closely in the picture you can see I'm Avatus, Exiles, and the main is Sandro (I'm lame for that name.) Just another option.

Comment

Will be playing this soon-ish (affording the game is a bit of a hassle). My understanding is there is a designated RP server that some of my old WoW friends are on, so that's where I'll likely be going (although, how can one seriously RP in a setting where my character is a hyper squirrel chick named Crikkit?)
                    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Yeah, Wildstar especially (but MMO's in general) seem like rough forums for RP. I wish you luck with that, and may your interstellar squirrel one day rule the galaxy!

Comment

Eh, I'm used to it, really. It's a lot easier when there is a designated server for it, at least. In the end, it's far more story-telling and a lot less mechanics. As is, I am now set up with a full account and have an Exile, and Aurin and a Cassian, so I'm here to fling guest passes around.

UXCTSJ0EC3BITYR5H5T5
                        JRICNO69YEJ7WUA7JEUJ
                        IU3VE23EF6OQET1NM4X7

For anyone who wants to try!
                        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Working...
                        X