Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In other news...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news...

After months of waiting to see if any of the classes would have enough students to sign up, I finally got my first class to make, beginning next Wednesday. I am now officially an adjunct art instructor for Southwestern Community College, and I'm utterly stoked!
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Teach me the ways of the colors!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the world of teaching. Teaching undergrads can be fun.
        Active Characters
        Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
        Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
        Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
        Dorin Hammond- Scout
        Seith Ronson- Master of War
        "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
        Socrates
        sigpic

Comment

That's great!

Good luck, you've got the talent to make a lot of people envious!

Wish my high school hadn't removed me from art in the second year, I loved it and that lack of decent arts grounding haunts me today
          It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
          Sydney Smith.

Comment

Sadly, very few, if any, of my students will be actual undergrads- I stopped at a Bachelor's degree oh so many years ago, and pursuing anything further in art just wasn't worth the Student Loan debt I would have had to incur. Thusly, all my classes are continuing education classes rather than "for credit" classes. I've debated trying to pursue a masters, but so long as I can fill up my schedule with these classes, I'm actually pretty happy about that- continuing ed gets a lot of people who are there for the sheer joy of learning, rather than "need to fill an elective slot", or those who are just completely burned out on the collegiate system, like I was by the time I reached the end of my college career. That translates into happier students, which makes being the teacher a more rewarding process.

Originally posted by Jhickey View Post
            Congrats! Welcome to the world of teaching. Teaching undergrads can be fun.
            River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Comment

Professor River, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m18K76Qnrok

Good luck with that and remember you can't hit the students any more so they've basically taken all the fun out of it.
              I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Working...
              X