Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Much Sadness and Heavy Metal Woe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much Sadness and Heavy Metal Woe

Gwar front man Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus) has passed away. Some of you have no idea what a Gwar is. I forgive you, they're pretty obscure. But I will tell you that there has never, ever been a stage show like a Gwar show. The underground music scene has lost a giant.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/24/showbi...-brockie-dead/
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

RIP

http://youtu.be/vaSkRbbBBUg
    Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
    Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Got to Play a Tabletop mini game with him at a gaming convention back in the late 90's was a geek at heart and will be missed.

Comment

My friend/coworker is a huge Gwar fan, so I actually knew about this obscure reference! All I can say is fake blood stocks have gone down!!
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

A good friend of mine one that I've known for 20 years is actually a roady for GWAR. He's been on tour with them countless times and knows these guys on a personal level.

He will indeed be missed.
          Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
          Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
          Well, you've probably missed it
          There was never anything there
          In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Members of GWAR never die, they just move back to the mothership to rock the Universe.
            I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Working...
            X