Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well this sucks..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this sucks..

So, my mother decided to climb into her attic... and promptly fell out of it, breaking her wrist into like... a million pieces or something. She's having surgery tomorrow to be made into robo-mom (hey, I can dream- don't judge me!), and is going to need me for a few days to help with the recovery process. This means from Thursday through at least Sunday I'll likely be out of commission. I intend to have my laptop with me, and able to log on some, but it certainly won't be for extended times. If anyone needs me for anything, try to get with me tonight or tomorrow night. After that, we'll just... assume River is stuck in the castle with mongolian death flu or something.
    River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

"Nothing says "I matter" quite like having a price on your head" -Sandro

Resistance is futile.

But in all seriousness, I hope she gets better soon.
    "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Best wishes to you both.
      Active Characters
      Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
      Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
      Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
      Dorin Hammond- Scout
      Seith Ronson- Master of War
      "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
      Socrates
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by [DM] Grinning Death View Post
        Resistance is futile.

But in all seriousness, I hope she gets better soon.
        Perfection
        River Swift

"Timing is the main difference between being a hero, and being an asshole" -River

Comment

Hope she recovers quickly and avoids attics in the future.
          Byrun - Wandering Swordsman
          Falrenn Silvershade - Shaper of Truths

If you're searching the lines for a point
          Well, you've probably missed it
          There was never anything there
          In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

From this time forward you will service.... Us.
            The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I can relate, kinda similar issues have been keeping me away for the time being. Good luck with everything!
              Olivia Kimaris - Paladin of Lathander and Knight of the Northern Watch
              Diary of Olivia

Originally posted by Cornuto
              Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury
                ... assume River is stuck in the castle with mongolian death flu or something.
                Morning Sickness...

I currently have the flu and will be missing for a few days as well. Again, I wish your mother a speedy recovery. Take it easy.

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Originally posted by cmosier View Post
                  Morning Sickness...

I currently have the flu and will be missing for a few days as well. Again, I wish your mother a speedy recovery. Take it easy.
                  Thanks for just encouraging everyone eager to see River hugely preggers and strugging to walk.

Take care of yourself and feel better soon. Considering this is a relapse, get thee to a doctor.
                  River Swift

Comment

http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Rules

Pregnancy - While Sundren is a mature-content server there are some areas in which care must be taken. Pregnancy and childbirth fall into that area; as a result pregnancy should now result in the retirement (Total retirement from play) of the pregnant PC, unless otherwise permitted by a DM.
                    Just sayin'
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I keep trying to tell people that. It has not deterred the "Noble Baby Fever". I AM NOT READY TO RETIRE RIVER, PEOPLE.
                      River Swift

Comment

Yea. It was a tongue and cheek response. :-)

In the first place

Wax Fang - Majestic

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mom, hope she gets rebuilt better, stronger, faster.

I am not sure why pregnancy is verboten in Sundren (you could skip the ERP people!) apart from people going to potentially dark places with it, but I am not ready to see River retired so tell Byrun to sack it or whack it.
                          I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Because of Tamara Roth and Kai Nightwind.
                            Active
                            Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
                            Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

To be fair, it makes perfect sense to me. There are a lot of logistical things that make RPing it damn difficult, for starters. The second is that it's a physical condition that would make things like "adventuring" not an ideal pastime. Then, of course, how the hell do you RP having children? You shipped them off to the nannies? It's just not worth it to me. I've seen people try to do it, and it gives me the utter creeps. So while it may end up being in River's future (a noble is required to make heirs, after all), it will be when I'm ready to retire River, definitely.
                              River Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X