Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny movies and/or pictures.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, calm down folks. He was just pointing out the discrepancies between what would be considered the "good" side and the "bad" side. It was just the ironic value of the strip that was amusing, nothing else (seeing as we are all D&D players).

I'm sure nothing was meant by it.
    Characters:
    Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
    Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
    If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

I'm kind of a religious type but I see some people take certain things way too far, I suppose like those people at Chick (although this is the first I've ever heard of them). I also play D&D/D&D type games, and this being a D&D community, he probably assumed we are all of a similar mind set and would see that comic as something completely ridiculous. Which is how I saw it. I think this falls under a 'getting the joke' / 'not getting the joke' kind of category, and I doubt it was intended as religious bashing or anything like that. We should probably put this one behind us and just forget about it.
      Akodo
      Rhime - or is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear_Warrior View Post
        It may seem amusing to you as you try to one-up the others postings but it's not really, what it is however is a Pandora's box that you've cracked open. Before breeching the subject of religion or politics you should be circumspect in your treatment of either topic being careful not to be offensive or condemning. Some people take their religion seriously, as a matter of something called conviction, and a conviction by its nature is something that people live or die by, and in some parts of the world- kill. By calling it propaganda you've designated yourself as an antagonist against those whom you call "Good religious types" by classifying them among those who are more zealous by your depreciating blanket generalization.

In the "tract" you sited it depicts a suicide. That is not something that is jocular in nature.

Chick Publications are zealous in their evangelistic pursuits and what generally turns people off is the blunt manner in which they present their subjects. Frankly I do not share some doctrinal views expressed by Chick Publications. I would therefore caution you against grouping "Good religious types" with that publisher since many "Good religious types" find Chick to be as offensive to them as you.

My suggestion therefore is that next time you might consider leaving religion and politics out of the mix.

By the way, butt has a "-tt" and, butt-ass is a redundancy that’s quite unnecessary, the proper term is butt-ugly. No buts about it...
        I think you jumped a bit far there and put words in his mouth. It was a joke, not like he was doing something horribly wrong
        If you feel that strongly about something leave it to PMs or don't go ranting here because this is just your opinion. Looking at how other people see it, they would just take it as a joke and move on.
        Originally posted by Lollercide
        Not even Ilmater would suffer Dune and Mach's wrath for us.

Comment

Ok, Ok, I see his point, I will edit it if it will help. I don't want to make any one mad.
          Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
          "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Ok, Ok, I see his point, I will edit it if it will help. I don't want to make any one mad.
            Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
            "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Well I found it freakin' hilarious!
              Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

I wasn't angry. I was just expressing a differing view regarding a particular particular point or two. That's all really. *lol* Perhaps I was a bit wordy and should have left it at just "...not amusing."

Fear not, the rumbling you heard was not from hunger, merely gas. ^_-
                Last edited by Bear_Warrior; 04-14-2008, 11:52 AM. Reason: ~spelling correction~

Comment

D&D 4th ed. Things to Come

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ3J8...eature=related

If you hadn't seen these yet, how's this for a contribution or two eh?

Comment

And with that, I give you this

Last edited by Gamling; 04-14-2008, 06:47 PM.

Adeodatus Exitium -

Comment

ROFL 2df

Comment

Poor kid hehe
                        Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Needs more 'Flayer.

Comment

How it should have ended

For Saulus' sig
                            "Mad" Jack Flynn - "Godless wanderer"

Comment

Damn... I must have missed alot in this thread. What in the nine hells?...
                              "It is by chance that any life ends, but only by fate that it is my life and not yours." - The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Uther: Lawful Good Fighter
                              Grant Berne: Feral Druid
                              Buurk gro'Baal: Bloodlusted Half-Orc
                              Baelthor Ironpike: Hardy Dwarf Warrior

Comment

Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Working...
                                X