Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Over, Man, Game Over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Over, Man, Game Over!

Neverwinter Nights 2 seems to be dead on my laptop now. And I can't seem to reinstall it. I've tried every way I can think of to try to find NWN2 on my computer, and I can't find it anywhere. So, looks like I'll be out of the game until I can see about getting this fixed. Or better, a new computer.
    We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

That's weird. I wish you the best of luck!
    Account Name: LuvHandles
    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Yay! I got NWN2 to work again! I had to actually re-enter my username and password, and now I can get online! Save for the whole getting on Sundren. I can't actually find Sundren anymore, and I believe this has something to do with Gamespy going down. Does anyone know if there's a way to get on Sundren now?
      We can axe if we want to, leave that sword behind. Because your friends don't axe, and if they don't axe then they're no friends of mine.

Comment

Click direct connect and type in the IP: "nwn.sundren.org:5125". The search browser doesn't work anymore, but you can still direct-connect to them.
        Harra Mattan: Palemaster who ripped people's guts out for practical reasons. RIP.

Comment

Ok, awesome. Can't believe it's taken me this long to check the forums, but I've had IRL crap to deal with.

Comment

Well, that didn't work. When I tried Direct Connect, it said that there was an unknown error. I checked to make sure I had the right thing typed in and everything, but it kept saying that there was an error. Then again, Direct Connect has never worked for me, so I don't know if there's an error, or the game's just being a jerk. Either way, I still can't connect to Sundren. Any ideas, anyone?

Comment

You tried it more than once? It should work.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

The client extension should replace the old IG gamespy search function and allow you to connect that way.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=231
                It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                Sydney Smith.

Comment

Ok, so apparently the Direct Connect doesn't work, and downloads aren't working on my computer. Well, I don't think I can get back on Sundren, and I think that I won't be able to until I can find the NWN Launcher. (the way I've been trying to get on is a shortcut that doesn't take you to the screen where you decide which type of user to log in as) I don't know if I'll be able to get server side again or not. So, I guess just cross your fingers that I might be able to come back.

Comment

Yeah, I have also noticed that the Direct Connect features and the Server List seem to have dissimilar behaviors in different environments. Here is a trick that might work for you. It's not ideal but hopefully it will get you going:

Step 1: open a command line (terminal) window. I use Windows XP, so I just go to Start->Run and then type in cmd. If you use another version of windows this will be slightly different. At the command line type:

ping nwn.sundren.org

The ping will fail, but the resulting output will resolve the current IP associated with nwn.sundren.org.

Now that you know the IP, navigate to your install of NWN2 and locate the nwn2player.ini file. Scroll down to the Favorites Page section and select an empty server entry. Type in the IP you found via ping and add :5125 to the end for the port.

Now when you launch the game, you should be able to go Multiplayer->Join Internet Game and after it fails to connect to Gamespy you can go to the favorites tab and you should the entry for sundren there.

Hopefully, this will allow you to connect. If the IP for nwn.sundren.org ever changes you'll be out of luck, but from what I can tell the favorites only supports IPs and not URLs. That means you'd have to go through this process again to connect. Fortunately the IP rarely changes, if ever.
                    Account Name: LuvHandles
                    Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
                    Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
                    Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
                    Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
                    Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
                    Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Ok, awesome. So, time to figure out how to do this with Windows 7. Good thing I have plenty of time, due to being unemployed. Hurray not having any income!

Comment

Sundren IP: 216.16.239.61:5125

Client Extender, which when used has a useable search-and-connect function where gamespy used to be: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=231

The NWN 2 launcher is located in your hard drive (C?) --> Program Files (x86) --> Atari --> Neverwinter Nights 2 --> Scroll until you find the NW Launcher.

Comment

HA HA! YOU CAN'T STOP THE SIGNAL, BABY! Well, connection, I guess. I'm finally back, my friends! Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out the problem, and I'll see you all server side! As soon as all the downloads are completed, that is.

Comment

Okay, I've got Neverwinter Nights 2 installed on my new Laptop, so now it's just time to go try to get on Sundren Again. Glad I got this Thread going so I could reference it again. I'll see you beautiful people soon. And by soon, I mean within the next few days.

Comment

Well, I don't like reviving this thread, but my current problem is sort of on the same topic as this... Yes, let's go with that. Anyways, I've had some trouble today with NWN2, concerning my movement. I couldn't move with the mouse, and when I tried moving manually, I looked like I had an egg beater stuck in the back of my head. Now, this is my first day back to Sundren since when I was last on, so maybe this is a common bug, and I don't know about it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, could they tell me how they fixed it?

Also, I wanted to ask if anyone knew how to find the NWN2 launcher on a Toshiba Windows 8 Laptop? I've been looking for it, and I can't find it, so if someone could help on this front that'd be great.

Also, HI EVERYONE!! I've missed everyone, and I've been dying to get back on Sundren, so it fits that something wouldn't work. Anyways, I'll see you all server-side (hopefully).

Comment

Working...
                              X