Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baldur's Gate, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldur's Gate, anyone?

Just wondering if there were any RPers planning to get the new enhanced version of this classic: http://baldursgate.com/

As I spend much more time on my iPad than my home computer, I'll likely be getting my RPG fix through this (yes, it's cross-platform, what!!). Would love to RP it all the way with anyone who's interested!

Is there actually anything new? Looking at the screenshots it just looks like the old game in slightly higher resolution.

There are already mods for High res/widescreen, and BG1Tutu already gives you all the Kits and stuff from BG2 :S
    UTC+8
    Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
    Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

New cut scenes, new characters, more story, bug fixes. I had really expected upgraded graphics, for all the time its taken.

Comment

I had considered it, but yeah...expected a facelift in the graphical department. :\
        But please, keep one thing in mind for me. What have you become when even nightmares fear you?
        - Nessa

Comment

I'm really psyked about this release, but I'm uncertain If I'm gonna be horribly dissapointed, like with most other games. I know it says it has more of everthing you like, but I did some rummaging on their homepage once. And all it seemed to do was put new companions in, maybe brush up on graphics.

The only games worthwhile I've played on my smartphone so far are console emulations. I've no idea about tablets, but re-releasing a game that originally had so many details, on tablets somehow tells me that this is just another pointless release. filled with bugs, onedimensional gameplay - not unlike most games that's been released the last 10ish years.
          My'athvin Simaryl - Elven Mhaornathil
          Mhaenal Ahmaquissar - Minstrel Knight

Comment

Yeah its been put back till november now. Gutted.
            Originally posted by roguethree
            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

What can take so long? I have been really wondering that. I mean, if there were graphics tweaks I could understand, but all they are doing is cleaning up an old game and adding a few new NPC's...

Comment

I'm hoping they're doing a secret graphics upgrade and not telling anybody about it.

=X

Comment

Working...
                X