Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight Rises

I saw this last night in an advance screening (it was a 6:30 show too, no waiting til midnight for me!).

I have seen all three films and I must say this one certainly lives up to expectations, and in some way surpasses them.

Bane was a very well done character with a very badass demeanour in the film, but if I had to vote I'd still take Heath Ledger as the Joker (and not just because it was the last role of his career either).

I'd like to watch the movie once more, as I missed some of Bane's dialog (few parts I did find it difficult to understand that Romani-gypsy accent behind his voice filter), but overall I still think Dark Knight is #1 for me.

It would be a tossup between Batman Begins and Dark Knight rises, Leeam Neeson as Raz Al Gul is just ace.

Anyone else seen it yet? Note: Please use white coloured text or something similar if you post any spoilers. Thanks

** Don't normally post about these things but I was very saddened to hear about the Colorado shootings, I hope one day America can have an honest open discussion about gun control laws, I don't want this to be the focus of the thread so please start a new off-topic if you want to go into this.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

HolyMan and I experienced the marathon: all three films shown in order at the theater. The Dark Knight is still my favorite of the trilogy, but The Dark Knight Rises was a thoroughly enjoyable film. I am disappointed that Christopher Nolan will not be directing any more Batman films, but he is an executive producer on the new Man of Steel Superman project, so I'm looking forward to it next.

Comment

I had the pleasure of watching the third installment on a bootlegged chinese version on a laptop in a tent. It still lived up to expectations (at least for me). The best way to sum it up would be -

Also, no fucking ewoks in the third batman.
      Originally posted by ThePaganKing
      So the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Originally posted by blurry89 View Post
        I had the pleasure of watching the third installment on a bootlegged chinese version on a laptop in a tent. It still lived up to expectations (at least for me). The best way to sum it up would be -

Also, no fucking ewoks in the third batman.
        I loved this so much Im giving up drinking for one whole minute..... there!
        Originally posted by roguethree
        If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
        X