Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mega Millions - are you playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Millions - are you playing?

As pretty much everyone knows, HolyMan and I live in Alabama, which is one of the few remaining states that has no lottery. As such, we do not play the lotto. We do, however, live close enough to the Georgia line that we plan on spending a few bucks for tickets on the $640 million Mega Millions lottery!

Is anyone else feeling lucky? What would you do if you won and took home the cash option of $462 million? I'd quit my job and play Sundren full-time, I know that much!

I would buy 462,000,000 lottery tickets.

Comment

I don't play the lottery but a jackpot that big certainly would make it worth plunking down a few bucks.

I'd pay off my house, buy another house, set up a trust fund for my autistic son, tuck a little away for my other two boys college, take $100 million to start a software company making games with my friends so we could all quit our crappy day jobs, and then I would donate the rest to get some real autism studies done so we could find out for ceratin what is turning our children into Rainman.
      Account Name: LuvHandles
      Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
      Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
      Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
      Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
      Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
      Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Originally posted by Cornuto
        Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

That's your answer for everything, R3.

Comment

I would buy a house. Then I would buy plane tickets for everyone on Sundren. And then I would put them in this house.

The people, not the tickets.

Comment

I saw recently that the number of US kids diagnosed with autism is up 78% compared to a decade ago. I doubt this is only linked to higher frequency of checking the kids for autism, or doctors being more apt to give that diagnosis. But apart from that, I wouldn't conjecture a cause lest I start sounding like a street preacher nut job. I do hope your kid has a mild case.

Comment

Buy a house, and a new car, make a college fund for the baby, possibly send Xalbrus back to college if he wanted to still (he gets bored). And quite possibly do this back in Washington, which would take more than in Kansas, but we'd be home again.
                Presea De'Ombre - Fist of the Broken
                Darcy Lothara - Lost Soul
                Miyu Suhayl - Defender of Beauty
                Bryna Ulric - Dark Priestess
                Merry Swiftblade - Swashbuckling Tailor

Comment

Originally posted by Chiangtao View Post
                  I saw recently that the number of US kids diagnosed with autism is up 78% compared to a decade ago. I doubt this is only linked to higher frequency of checking the kids for autism, or doctors being more apt to give that diagnosis. But apart from that, I wouldn't conjecture a cause lest I start sounding like a street preacher nut job. I do hope your kid has a mild case.

Though there are kids worse off than him, he is definitely on the more severe end of the spectrum. He is labeled as having non-verbal autism. Fortunately he's on some medication which has evened out his temper. Since getting on the meds he has started speaking a few words, making eye contact and interacting with others in a limited fashion. He has good problem solving skills so he shows good intelligence and highly ordered thinking. He is 7 years old. Anyway, don't want to derail the thread.
                  Account Name: LuvHandles
                  Maneae StrongArm - Devilish Warrior Woman (Active: Finding her place after time in reflection)
                  Minael Cel'Anon - Elven Smith, Knight and Wizard (Inactive: seeking clues to lost elven artifacts)
                  Aria Duvaine - Wouldn't you like to know . . . (Inactive: Whereabouts unknown)
                  Ra'd Malik - Mulhorandi Warrior (Inactive: Off on a mission for the BH)
                  Khyron Brinsbane - Fury of Auril (Inactive: Working with Cwn Annwn)
                  Chazre Kenner - All around good guy with a penchant for revelry and chasing the ladies. (Deleted: Team Good, returned to Cormyr)

Comment

Active
                    Reinamar Stormseeker - The bladestorm that must turn back the wind. Arkerym of The People, practitioner of the forgotten art, pariah.

Tyler Penleigh - Obligatory author insert, Red Blade Defender, sarcastic jerk, caring brother, loving fiancé, war criminal.

Retired/Dead
                    Eirimil Gaelazair (Dead)- Bitter. Caustic. Abrasive. Egocentric. Probably right. Found dead in the burned-out Viridale forest a few weeks after the survivors were able to sweep the area after the Bloodmaim offensive. Aside from his usual attire, an intricate music box was the only thing in his possession.

Comment

Just to put a positive spin on things... you are more likely to die horribly in a car accident on the way to purchasing the ticket than you are to actually winning the lottery.

Consider this the next time you feel your chances are good.
                      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

When I was in Polt's event last week, I rolled four 20s out of seven attempts. I distinctly recall telling Nyssis that I ought to play the lottery, and now I'm going to play it.

Don't worry, Bossman. I'll plunk a few thou towards the server funds if I win, and then you'll be happy!

Comment

I was in Bellagio about five or six years ago. I was playing $50 on Red 23. I hit the number and was just about to pick up my bet. The dealer told me to let it ride... so I did. I hit it three times in a row for $5,250.00

I would recommend playing a couple of dollars. You never know when your Red 23 may hit. And as I was discussing with Dave Fritz, one dollar is not a lot to pay to sit back and consider "what if..." for a couple of hours.

Cheers!
                          Cheers!

Comment

I would put a fence around Nyssis's supposed house full of tickets.
                            "Its not the end of the world, but you can see it from here." -Eliza

AKA YourMoveHolyMan ingame

Darius Blackwell - Sword of Torm

Comment

I'm part of an office pool, and I snagged my own tickets, because f*** those guys.
                              Originally posted by Saulus
                              Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Working...
                              X