Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baldur's Gate Sequel?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baldur's Gate Sequel?!

It may be a sequel, it may be a tablet re-release of the game... see the article below. Either way I'm excited. Baldur's Gate 2 is a gem among RPGs.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Bal...dog,14868.html

http://baldursgate.com/ (if you view the page source you can see the messages from the article)
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

And then we have EA Sports designer Trent Oster who now resides at independent developer / digital PC game store Beamdog. His team, EA Sports, has reportedly purchased the entire rights to the Baldur's Gate series.
    Hahaha kidding, kidding!

You're right Saulus, this does sound pretty sweet!
    "We must not believe the man, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say the only the educated are free." -Epictetus

Comment

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg
      Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

*asplodes*
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

I'm not holding out any hopes for a third sequel, but I can see them repackaging it.
          "Use the Force, Harry" -Gandalf

Comment

Greatest game made thus far. The same story line and quests but with current graphics, awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganKing View Post
              Greatest game made thus far. The same story line and quests but with current graphics, awesome!

I think this would be better then a sequel, perhaps. A sequel has the potential to let you down, the same story updated to current tech not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Seheren View Post
                I think this would be better then a sequel, perhaps. A sequel has the potential to let you down, the same story updated to current tech not so much.
                I'd be happy with ToEE style graphics. The engine was solid.
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

True, as long as they actually stick with the original story and not go in some horrible direction like the god-awful novelization did.

If they got the same writers, a sequel has SOME possibility of success. I just hope if they go that route, it involves Bhaalspawn, and not Bhaal himself (who ironically was never really interesting til after he was dead).
                  sigpic
                  Osclow Wiltenholm- "I have seen behind the mask and almost miss the bliss of ignorance."

Comment

I have to say, I can think of one decade later sequel (Prequel) that I enjoyed as much as the original. FF VII: Crisis Core. I think I got sucked into that story more then the original. So yes, it can be done, but I would be just as happy to play with updated graphics and such.

Comment

http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012...anced-edition/

Announcing Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™
                      March 15, 2012
                      Atari, Wizards of the Coast, and Overhaul Games are pleased to announce work has begun on the Enhanced Edition of Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II.

Since its initial release in 1998, Baldur’s Gate has entertained millions of fans around the globe, and has received countless awards. This classic saga of mystery, intrigue, and adventure has set the standard for Dungeons & Dragons® computer roleplaying games ever since.

RE-FORGED BY OVERHAUL GAMES
                      Overhaul Games has assembled a talented team of artists, programmers and designers to enhance this timeless classic. To remain true to the spirit of the game, the team includes original Baldur’s Gate developers.

RELIVE THE MOST EPIC STORY EVER TOLD
                      Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ and Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition™ will feature a re-forged version of the Infinity Engine with a variety of modern improvements.

THE GREATEST ROLEPLAYING GAME OF ALL TIME, ENHANCED
                      For all information regarding Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition™ visit www.baldursgate.com, for press inquiries contact baldursgate@beamdog.com.
                      The difference between a rogue and a hero often comes down to who tells the tale. – Danilo Thann describing Elaith Craulnober, in Dream Spheres

Avatar comes from a rather amusing web comic.

Comment

Yeah I just saw that earlier from GBX, to me this is a great thing because we know the story will be awesome.

They should use the same voices, and could potentially even add more content as actors like David Warner are still around to reprise Irenicus.
                        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Too bad apparently there wont be a graphics update. That would have made it even better, but who am I to complain that someone is giving me a reason to play BG again?

Edit: Depends where you look, some places say it will keep the game close to the original 2D, while others state updates to modern graphics in the works.

Comment

Oh god, I think I just wet myself. Hopefully coding for this new infinity engine is similar ... its the only game engine I know how to work. As far as sequels go ... I always thought some super smart bhaal spawn would get his hands on the crown of horns in attempt to absorb myrkuls essence ... maybe I have already written a whole campaign about it.
                            "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Too bad apparently there wont be a graphics update. That would have made it even better, but who am I to complain that someone is giving me a reason to play BG again?

Edit: Depends where you look, some places say it will keep the game close to the original 2D, while others state updates to modern graphics in the works.
                              Eh, hopefully they aren't just taking the tutu mods and packaging it all into one case now with HD BG2 Graphics ... because well that has already been done!
                              "Service to a cause greater than yourself is the utmost honor you can achieve."

Comment

Working...
                              X