Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books on Dwarven Lore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books on Dwarven Lore

Can anyone recommend any books on Dwarves. I am looking for a good read and also the opportunity to improve my knowledge on Dwarves in general.

Cheers!
    Cheers!

well the hobbit. that is a great place to start. Though not you DnD variety, much of JRR's lore was absorbed therein.

I also see this one but have yet to pick it up. It is a translation (orig. in german)
    http://www.amazon.com/Dwarves-Markus.../dp/0316049441

Most of my knowledge base comes from years of PnP. JRR and the dragon lance books. There was a side story on Flint though if I remember accurately some of the others that had him as a supporting character were much better.

If you do pick up Hietz, let us know how it went.

Comment

Hi, Mark,
      Back in the day, I liked the Icewind Dale series of Forgotten Realms books. They are decent reads and cover Dwarves and especially interaction with other races.
      Cheers,
      Dave
      ================
      Tery Mard

Comment

Yes, the Legend of Drizzt series features a lot of Dwarven lore, as one of the main characters is the King of Mithral Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by DM_Acorn View Post
          If you do pick up Hietz, let us know how it went.
          It's a decent if uninspiring (there's only so much fantasy you can really do before cliche's inevitably work their way in to everything) read. There's a second book in the series now I was thinking of grabbing the other day but never got around to heading down to the bookstore... which is 2 hours away in another city, which is why I ended up not doing it.

Comment

Thank you! I picked up a couple of books by Markus Hietz.

Cheers!
            Cheers!

Comment

Thud! By Terry Pratchett.

Best book of dwarven lore there is.
              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Thanks. I will also look into Thud! Cheers
                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X