Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!upgrade!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Handsomeman View Post
    When I was building my desktop, I used YouTube to see how to put everything together. I also had several sample pictures of where everything was supposed to be. It helped me figure out where I should hide all the wires. Before it was a big mess with wires cluttered everywhere.
    I took one look at the wires and just paid the computer shop down the street $50 to put it together.
    Originally posted by Saulus
    Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811133188

This case solves a variety of assembly issues, including cable management, and it looks alot better irl than it does in pictures
      "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
      Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
      http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

I was poking through the links and noticed that a few items are discontinued or out of stock. Will someone put together an updated list of components, including a case, hd monitor, and sound system, for me? Pretty please?

Comment

*nudge* I really want to order stuff soon so I can have it put together by the time all the cool events leading up to the Big Update™ take place. Please help!

Comment

Have you tried Amazon for the out of stock stuff?

I've got a Prime membership so their prices were equal if not better than new-egg's w/ the discount & had an added kicker of free second-day delivery.

Amazon gives free-three month trial memberships for Prime accounts.
            Originally posted by Saulus
            Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

You are not a Prime! I take no orders from you.

Comment

I have not checked Amazon... mainly because I didn't think of it. Have I mentioned I'm not very computer-parts savvy? Basically, I was looking for an updated list of stuff that I should buy, because otherwise I'd probably order incompatible items and then raaaaaaaaage when they don't work together.

Comment

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/origin-chronos-february-2012/4505-3118_7-35160534.html?tag=[object%20NodeList];resultsShell

Do any of you gurus have feedback on the computer above? How important would it be in your eyes to get an i7 processor instead of an i5 gen?

Thanks for any comments you have I do feel comfortable putting Dan's machine together but the part list may be harder to come by now.
                  Last edited by Chiangtao; 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM.

Comment

i5 is good, don't let the name confuse you... most of the i5 line are comparable to the i7s.
                    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I use the Quad core i5 in my own computer, and my 3dmark score is higher ((As well as game performance)) than several people I know with similar set-ups and i7's. My i5 was also significantly cheaper.

Comment

I took the more expensive but less hassle option and bought a mid-range Alienware Aurora. Loading zones in four seconds is sweet, and the new 23" HD monitor makes Sundren look even more beautiful. I'm so ready for the coming events, because I no longer have to worry about lag on my end!

Comment

Good to know, thanks gang. I may wait on Ivybridge anyway, based on Saulus' previous post.

Comment

Working...
                          X