Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just stopping in to say,"Hi!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just stopping in to say,"Hi!"

I have been away for what seems like forever and I just wanted to stop in and see what's poppin with everyone.

The explanation for my disappearance was due to my PC taking a crap.Moreover,life has been hard and unkind in certain aspects,but I am working on getting back to roleplaying soon. If i can only find the expansions for Mac!!
    "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Hey buddy. We will slip you right back into the game like you were never gone. Hope you can make it happen.

Comment

Hey man!! Good to see that you are still around!!

I am currently in the process of getting NWN2 and the expansions for Mac. It is somewhat of a pain…since their isn't any expansions made for Mac.However,I have discovered a way to make it work.So i may beep in running before or after Igo on tour in October.
      "Feel the fervor growing,but the hate is stronger.My heart was whole with you,but the pain was mine."

Comment

Hey Darcane... get your ass back on here
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I am working towards that goal Saulus. I think I need a new keyboard first. My last comment proves as much. This small Mac board is hard to type on and the damn space key is flawed. I actually have to look at the board 80% of the time to make sure I am hitting the right key.

Comment

Originally posted by darcane View Post
            I am currently in the process of getting NWN2 and the expansions for Mac. It is somewhat of a pain…since their isn't any expansions made for Mac.However,I have discovered a way to make it work.So i may beep in running before or after Igo on tour in October.
            What is this magical formula? Please share.

Comment

Called bootcamp for Mac, run windows. LOL ... As far as I know no one has gotten the latest patch and all the expansions working without some really weird glitches on Mac OSX.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Didn't you used to play as a monk named alcander or something? If i remember correctly, i used to rp and party with you with my paladin pericles a few times until his level got too high for me. It was good times.
                "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

Here is some info I was given.

Somebody took the Windows versions of MothB and SoZ and copied the necessary files needed to run those campaigns on a Mac version of the OC, then packaged them in a particular way to "make it all work."

So, how it works is: you download the MothB and SoZ files, copy them into the appropriate folders on your Mac install of the OC, then update, then you should have everything necessary to play on BG.

In order to do this properly, you will need unique serial numbers from the OC (which you have with your Mac version), MotB and SoZ. In my case, I purchased on eBay Windows version of MotB and SoZ in order to get the necessary serial numbers.

Alternatively—and this is what I use to play these days on my Mac—is you purchase a Windows Gold/Platinum copy of NWN2 (which has the OC and the 2 campaigns all together) and use the Mac program Wineskin, which emulates a Windows environment on your Mac. It's kinda like the program Parallels, but without all the hassle.

OK, here's what ya need to do to get Wineskin working on the Mac side. I decided to give you these instructions instead of uploading 13+GB of data.

1. Go to this link and download the file NWN2 Wineskin v4.zip ( http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4d2c ... faa4c6c51e )

2. Unzip to a place on your Hard Drive, and follow the instructions in the Directions.pdf file for installing the OC, MotB, and SoZ from the Windows discs.

3. After installing from the discs, install the NWN2 patches by running the Updater.app, included in the Wineskin v4.zip file.

4. IMPORTANT: After patching, right-click on the Neverwinter Nights 2 app in the Wineskin folder, and choose Show Package Contents.

5. Double Click 'Wineskin' app, and in the interface, choose Advanced. Look to the right column of options, and choose Update Wrapper.

6. After updating, look on at the bottom of the interface to make sure it reads: Wrapper: Wineskin 2.4, Engine: WS71.3.11. If so, exit the interface, Quit Wineskin, and get out of viewing Package Contents. If not, you'll need to update the engine (another step I'll save you from at this moment).

7. Double Click the Neverwinter Nights 2 app, and it should run the game. You will probably need to reset the graphics options in the game.

Comment

I am not sure if I know you (I think I do?), but hey! Welcome back. I hope you get your computer issues resolved so you can play again.

Comment

^ Emulation sucks bigtime, your framerate will be in the gutter I would be surprised if it would be playable.

George Carlin

Comment

I'll give it a shot, if only because I am extremely curious on the off chance it will work. Thanks darcane for the info!

Comment

The black hand is rising to cover the land of Sundren again. We could use your strong arm with us or
                          on the DM client.

Comment

Someone bought an apple product, lol!
                            Originally posted by roguethree
                            If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Working...
                            X