Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richard Dawkins on our "queer" universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Dawkins on our "queer" universe

Watch here.
    "We must not believe the man, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say the only the educated are free." -Epictetus

Are you calling our universe a poof?

*Lairy skinhead*
    It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
    Sydney Smith.

Comment

Strangely... I'm more baffled by what the word lairy means than what that entire video meant..

*Goes off to check urbandictionary.com*
      "We must not believe the man, who say that only free people ought to be educated, but we should rather believe the philosophers who say the only the educated are free." -Epictetus

Comment

Its similar to Leery, but used in london I think.
        Originally posted by roguethree
        If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

I <3 Dawkins.
          Originally posted by Cornuto
          Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Thief Of Navarre View Post
            Its similar to Leery, but used in london I think.
            Quite the opposite!

Lairy means angry, aggressive, spoiling for a fight. Usually associated with drunk angry people, but can mean most angry people.

And Dawkins ftw
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Wait.. Doubtful, you're a London man?

No way!

Edit: I was a little worried after posting this link, as I didn't want to cause any kind of conflict on here, but I'm very happy to see others interested in the teachings of the educated!
              Last edited by Lucidity; 05-24-2011, 03:19 PM. Reason: self-explanitory, considering the nature of the topic.

Comment

Good video. Sounds like my Physical Chemistry Professor.
                Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

lol kangleton

EDIT1: woooah loads of qualia

EDIT2: LOL, no way he actually calculated that probability or how many 0s you'd be able to write given the entire lifespan of the universe
                  Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Whut.
                    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

*h3ad esploated* x_x

Comment

Working...
                      X