Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say bad things and EA may ban you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say bad things and EA may ban you...

Some may heard of this story about the user who was banned from the BioWare social forums for 72 hours because he wrote something about "Bioware giving in to EA devils" on the forum.

Consequently he was banned from all services (including ones that provided access to Dragon Age 2). Here's an update on the matter:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...A+Steam+RSS%29

It's one thing to ban people, it's another to refuse service that was paid for.

Regardless, I think Stanley Woos comments (That he had what was coming to him) were pretty retarded. I think this speaks largely to the changes going on at BioWare because of their acquisition by EA. The asshole DNA is integrating.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

EA are just hoovering up everything. Did they get all the money from those sports games or something? I've always been of the opinion that they're a bunch of arse clowns. I wonder if saying that on here will get me banned from all my EA games...
    I got one leg missin'
    How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
    Meet the Feebles

Comment

IMO a lawyer taped them on the shoulder and said fix it fast before you get a suit.
      I'm pretty sure there not even a mention of the rule in the terms of agreement.
      just a guess..
      There is another realm, a space, a wordless mixture of melancholy and exstacy... a taste in the mind. not success or failure; but tales of strengh,glimpses of beauty,moments of depth between beings reveal our lives

Comment

EA likes to 'challenge everything'
        Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
          EA are just hoovering up everything. Did they get all the money from those sports games or something? I've always been of the opinion that they're a bunch of arse clowns. I wonder if saying that on here will get me banned from all my EA games...
          They get it from idiots.

FIFA 11! Near-identical to FIFA 10, but with the database updated a bit so it has accurate player names!

MUST BUY £50 YES PLZ.

They do give some good games the funding needed to get published and out there ( Mirrors Edge, for instance ), but sadly their horrible tendancies of holding back content to release it as DLC, adding horrific DRM, and so on, get bundled in.

They get their money from being merciless businessmen, and sadly this means they now own everything gaming, and further force in their merciless tactics, forgoing quality for quantity and profits. Poor Bioware.
          Running across the mountains, attacking with an oversized scalpel, cometh Helga Great-Wyrm! And she gives a mighty bellow:
          "Brace yourself, oh human speck of dust! You are made of meat and I am very hungry!"

Comment

It will also mean that instead of Bioware taking their time to make fantastic games, they'll be under pressure to put out a sequel every damn year to maximize profits.
            Originally posted by Cornuto
            Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Working...
            X