Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server Downtime 02/06 @ 0300 GMT-5 (EST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Downtime 02/06 @ 0300 GMT-5 (EST)

Thank you for being patient thus far with the server hardware swapping, though we must do so once again this month. The current machine had been on the market for some time and recently a purchaser was announced which has an interest in acquiring the machine on Monday. This leaves us in a situation to move the server over to another machine however due to the virtual build of the last migration, this change is relatively painless and of course transparent to the underlying game server. Character vaults will not be affected by this transition to temporary hardware until the final server build has been completed. Fortunately this matter should take just a few hours to perform and will resume operations as normal shortly after we begin.

I will continue to update the status of this post regarding where we stand with the migration.

Thank you,
    Visavant

COMPLETED: Backup of data [Retention "just in case"] - Started 0307 - Ending 0541 | Finished 0359
    COMPLETED: Conversion of VMX - Started 0359 - Ending 0526 | Finished 0526
    COMPLETED: Configuration if virtual network and security - Started 0526 - Ending 0551 | Finished 0551
    COMPLETED: Testing outside connectivity and finalize environment settings - Started 0551 - Ending 0656 | Finished 0656

Completed. Thank you guys. Have fun!

Very nice and informative, Visavant. Thank you. =)
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between;
    and the circling is worth it, finding beauty in the dissonance.

Comment

Thank you for the updates!

Comment

badass.

that is all.
        Originally posted by ThePaganKing
        So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Thank you for the details. It is so much easier to deal with the server being down and the impending Sundren jones when you guys take a moment to let us know what is happening. I for one really appreciate it!

Cheers!
          Cheers!

Comment

Nice job. Thanks a lot, Visavant! We really appreciate all the status updates, and of course the work!

EDIT: Tried to connect. Said the server is behind a firewall or router.
            James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Does it still permit you to log in?

Comment

No. Looks like there's still a port blocked.

Last edited by Lothoir; 02-06-2011, 08:06 AM. Reason: Adding pic
                James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Thank you, investigating it now.

Update: Try logging in now.
                  Last edited by Visavant; 02-06-2011, 08:36 AM. Reason: Status Update

Comment

Seems like everyone and their brother is hitting up the ADL from the game server, but players are connecting.

Comment

i still seem to have no luck logging in. still timing out :'(

Comment

Same Here, Server doesn't respond.

Comment

Autymn, DVM, try connecting again for me. Helmed Raven is from Washington and he's able to reconnect without issue.

Comment

I am unable to connect as well (Minnesota).

Comment

Samething, Weird though as CrazyJerren is able to connect, though he is North Oregon (Portland) and I am away at college in Southern Oregon (Klamath Falls).

Comment

Working...
                              X