Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Games

So... anyone out there ever play Icewind Dale, or its expansion or sequel?

I just reinstalled icewind Dale 2 to kill time while I wait for the server.
    Got to admit, I miss the darker setting as opposed to what NWN had to offer on singleplayer. Plus I loved the artwork and general atmosphere.
    Same with Baldur's Gate which pretty much bludgeoned other games on the head with its well written stroyline.

On that note.. It's hard as hell to find the old BG games without torrenting them

That's not an old game.

Nethack is an old game.
    sigpic
    Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Don't torrent! Use GoodOldGames!

http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/

I recently picked up the entire set of Baldur's Gate 2 and a bundle of King's Quest games. Prices are cheap, it is DRM free, and you usually get bonus goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by DM_Equinox View Post
        That's not an old game.

Nethack is an old game.
        I used to love playing that! Twas ASCII goodness.
        I got one leg missin'
        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
        Meet the Feebles

Comment

Yeah, GoG is good. And it's a way of supporting the cause of informing marketing punks at game studios that state of the art 3D graphics aren't everything and that some people still like to have more depth in their games than what the average action packed gorefest has to offer.

Also.. get Planescape: Torment. You can't call yourself a PC RPG fanatic until you've played that

Comment

Originally posted by kuscotopia View Post
            Don't torrent! Use GoodOldGames!
            The issue I had was that my Baldur's Gate CDs (all 6 of them) came in a miserable fold-out paper container that was more likely to shoot them out everywhere, than not, leaving them to be scratched. I paid for the game, so I keep their .isos handy now.

I have Icewind Dale 1 & 2 installed, but it took a great deal of effort to fix some of the gfx issues that modern day cards have with rendering the older game. I don't find it as fun as the BG series, because your characters aren't as individualized, but the storytelling and fights are just as good.

Edit: If you have purchased the BG series, I would highly recommend getting the Tutu mod for Baldur's Gate 1. It replaces Baldur's Gate 1's engine with Baldur's Gate 2's, which is a vast improvement, and allows you to go to resolutions larger than 800x600. You need both games, however.
            Ramza Xantheus "...for a meager fee, of course."

"
            Heroes need the weak to feel important. I say, teach the weak the skills they need to live on their own, to protect themselves and break free of the chains of charity and victimization. The Triad needs people to protect. I need people to succeed." -Byrun von Hellstrom

Comment

Hm...
              I wonder if there's a way to play IWD2 online.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Goblin View Post
                Hm...
                There is. Me and Gamling played Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 together, as well as Icewind Dale 1 & 2. We didn't get far in the second one, namely due to burn out from playing the previous mentioned.

The most painless route is to use Hamachi (virtual LAN program) and play it via LAN, which typically bypasses a lot of the port forwarding headaches.

If you're interested, Dirty Goblin, we can start up a game together. If you want to bring someone else instead, that's cool, but trying this with more than 2 people brings the burden of getting everyone online at the same time. Boring.
                "Kaeldorn hates players." -Albert Einstein

Originally posted by DM Cornuto
                Lollercide coming back to the server, that dude's the Kobe Bryant of meta-gaming.

Comment

Originally posted by Lollercide View Post
                  If you're interested, Dirty Goblin, we can start up a game together. If you want to bring someone else instead, that's cool, but trying this with more than 2 people brings the burden of getting everyone online at the same time. Boring.

The famous Lollercide pick up line.
                  Originally posted by ThePaganKing
                  So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Goblin View Post
                    Hm...
                    You can also play IWD in NWN2, use the IWD remake available on the Vault. I'm beta-testing the latest release at the moment in SP mode, but the authors are looking to set up something multiplayer to test that out as well. Either way would get you IWD.

Here's the link for the Vault page. Hope you'll try and enjoy it.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view....Detail&id=346
                    Cheers,
                    Dave
                    ================
                    Tery Mard

Comment

Originally posted by Kaizen View Post
                      The famous Lollercide pick up line.
                      If he signs on as ChadBroChill17, run.
                      Originally posted by Saulus
                      Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Did you pour axe on this?
                        Like a can and a half.
                        "Was I your knight in shining armor? The apple of your eye? Or just a step, another step to climb?"

Comment

lol I have IWD2 installed and wouldnt mind playing it.

Nostalgia is badass like that.
                          Also it's cold as hell here in indiana. Theres snow and wind and stuff.
                          Which is a good thing

S'like immersion for IWD2.

Comment

Well me and Loller are trying to get our game up after dealing with the graphics issues of icewind dale 2. Can't play multiplayer in full screen for some reason, which is a pain, but it's survivable.
                            Lauan - knight of Thay " I have no fear, and death is merely an inconvenience to me. I do not die until ordered to do so, I do not fall until every last bit of life has left me. I stand tall, proud, a Thayan knight."

Adeodatus Exitium -
                            "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart, for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." — James Baldwin

Comment

Ahh... Baldur's Gate.

"This behaviour must not continue. Feel the burning stare of my hamster, and change your ways!"

Good times.

Comment

Working...
                              X