Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woot for D&D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woot for D&D

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/31.jpg

Woot we rock!

isnt dark legacy WoW?

Comment

Yes it is, but that particular comic talks about DnD'ers.
      Retired.

Comment

Oh, i couldnt read it, too small text and blurry.

Comment

Tip: Wait until its fully loaded and then click on it
          Fret and fear, for Europe is near.

Desmonia Flashir

GBX: I'm a level 20 programmer for sure in real life. I know more about CPU's, software, Windows, etc, than most people know about their own children.

Comment

Oh, god. THAC0.

Comment

Yes... THACO... the good ol' monstrosity...

I'm still wondering how they managed to come up with something like this back in the good ol' days...

Still, I enjoyed AD&D back then, too.
              Playing Asha'easaahae Illeleste & Frem

Comment

its already fully loaded.. I just have bad vision, and i cant zoom O_o.

Comment

Ah, THAC0... back in the days of real gaming, when a single combat round included 15 minutes of long division, and playing Spelljammer required a degree in calculus.

Thank the gods of geekdom for 3.5 edition.
                  Alia Fireblood - Mystra's little chaos engine. [Inactive]
                  Melinee Be'dwa - Somewhere between savage and civilized.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nothing says "subtle" like a dwarf with a ballista.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  [I will be unable to be a regular on Sundren until my job situation changes; I still check the forums occasionally, so feel free to send me a message.]

Comment

^^^ lmao

Used to really enjoy ADnD (2nd Ed), way back in the day, thought id hate the new incarnations when i first heard about them.. but got love for modern DnD in its online 3.5ed form. I must admit ive not tried the pnp version, infact not played pnp anything for about seven years.
                    "Im a hero hunter, I hunt heroes... I havn't found any yet"

Comment

Originally posted by Aux View Post
                      ^^^ lmao

Used to really enjoy ADnD (2nd Ed), way back in the day, thought id hate the new incarnations when i first heard about them.
                      I used to enjoy all the different forms of D&D and bits and pieces of each different edition. The simplicity of Basic and Expert, the different titles and variable exp for each class in 1st Ed, the stripped down and raw initial release of 2 Ed with just the basic classes and subs...

I knew pretty much what to expect with 3 Ed and knew I would not be overly happy with it. TSR/Wizards/Hasbro seem to start with a great basis for a system and the crap out a new book every couple of weeks until they flood the market with them. Of course the OGS made that flood even larger than any other. Also the whole 5 Rings/Kara Tur REALLy ticked me off and sickened me in regars to the whole system...if not for NWN2 I probably would not be using this system at all.

Of course I was also a fan of a number of the smaller and less used systems in the first place; Millennium's End for modern/spy games, BattleLords for space/sci-fi, Amber Diceless for a LARP and the Masterbook/Torg system is still one of my all time favourites. Anyway I have rambled on and didn't answer what I originally wanted to...I always thought THACO was a simple system to work...there you go.
                      "That which you cannot interdict, you incapacitate."
                      Andrew Vachss

Comment

I miss Spelljammer to be honest.
                        I used to play my Imperial Navy Officer (complete with firearms) on a FR campaign back in AD&D.

I'd much rather have it back in 3.5 rules now though. *cries* I miss the mage-feared blackpowder and flying ships.
                        There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

I haven't heard of Thaco since BG....
                          Characters:
                          Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                          Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                          If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Working...
                          X