Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Routing Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Routing Issues

So my little brother just got all the NWN2 expansions and downloaded Sundren. Yay!

Now, whenever one of us logs into the server, it kicks the other one off, leaves a duplicate of the character, and totally screws up the server's player/pc identification, so three people get tells meant for one person, and shit's all messed up. Anyone that was online yesterday evening can testify. On my last log in attempt with one of my alts, I was in the Fugue with a copy of myself, in a party with my copy, and when I talked, both my copy and I emitted the text. Tells meant for prismaticcrow were also showing up in my tell log.

I tried a lot of fixes. I edited both of our .ini files to have difference client ports, I tried putting one pc in the dmz, and I even converted both of our PCs to static IPs and did port forwarding. What I've discovered is that if I reset the router, we can both log in without issues. However, afterward, the problem returns.

The last thing I tried before the last router reset was converting to the static IPs and enabling port forwarding, so this may have fixed the problem. However, I'd like to pick the community's collective brain to see if any of you know a better fix. Would a different/better/more expensive router help solve the problem? We're using a Linksys WRT54.

Thanks in advance.
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Well before you get into a situation where you have 20 things programmed into your router...

Static IPs: always a good thing
    Unique gameclient port in nwnplayer.ini in MyDocs/NWN2 : Yes ... leave the default 5120 and change the other to something like 5125.

That should be it. You should not have to forward ports, or trigger port ranges... or anything else.

If it's still acting up... then it's because your router is a fucking piece of shit.

Better off to have something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833124385
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Word. When I get home today, I'm going to disable the port forwarding, make sure the IPs are still static, probably buy a new router, and call my ISP and upgrade to something sexier. Thanks for the prompt response.
      Originally posted by Cornuto
      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
        If it's still acting up... then it's because your router is a fucking piece of shit.
        Nothing like the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, eh?
        Lorlen Locke: "Amazing how the righteous commit acts of tyranny and terror almost as beautiful as our own under their banner of "good". We merely call a spade a spade."

"If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly."

Comment

Working...
        X