Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memorable Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorable Moments

Everyone who has played Neverwinter Nights remembers a singular moment, a crowning achievement if you will. Whether it was on a persistent world or in a module they are worth telling.

So let's hear about your moments of glory from days and Neverwinter games past.
    -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

I fondly remember playing a CG Halfling Rogue and defeating five of the evil players through trickery and subterfuge. My cohort was a rogue also and earned the trust of their group through a lot of hard work. Between he and I we would stage fights and arguments to make it appear as if we were at odds. When they had comitted a rather heinous crime we decided to seek retribution. My cohort led them into the woods towards their stronghold, but before they were through he disappeared. We ended up ambushing them with bows, daggers, shortswords, just about everything and won handily. In fact, I think I had only been hit for about 8 hp by the time the five of them lay dead. The part which makes this a crowning achievement is its subtlety. As the last of their group fell dead we immediately hid. Naught but a second after his body fell to the ground a group of newer characters stumbled onto the site of the slaughter. The very same group the evil men had been heckling and abusing less than two minutes ago. Needless to say, they were surprised, and had no idea who had killed them and since the evil family, named the Raodens were good sports and superb roleplayers, neither did the rest of the city when they came to.

--V
    -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

I shall not be shackled

I was playing a rp server, and i was convicted of some crime.. i think i killed a couple people setting traps up in front of the city gates lol i dont remember, but anyways the dm had put up some bounties on me and my friends heads so he let players become police officer types and gave them an item that makes the criminal stunned pretty much so the officer can kill you or send you to jail, but the trick was the officer had to be somewhat close so there was room to run away. ok enough of the details what happen was.. i was brought into town with my friend about to be thrown in jail and a bunch of other pc's were there too since they didnt like us and they were complaining, so i started to run while they were talking! lol. so i kept on running out of town. and everybody was after me too! lolol man my heart was beating fast because there was a huge group chasing after me! i zoned out of town and hid away ..that was exciting

Comment

My bard on another world wrote and directed a three act playing involving eight "actors". It was quite a blast to write and perform.

Comment

Originally posted by vercongetorix View Post
          My bard on another world wrote and directed a three act playing involving eight "actors". It was quite a blast to write and perform.
          Sounds like it. I love seeing players take the time and effort to do things like that.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

The day I beat NWN1. That was good enough of an accomplishment for me. It took me an entire summer, but I also did all of the side quests. In rpgs I try to see everything and take in the detail as much as possible. It makes the world more immersive for me.

Aside from that, a lot of the rp realm rules were pritty harsh. I didnt delve into the nwn1 community much, but I remember walking into this one town of a PW; there were corpses on the ground everywhere and some dramatic music playing. Incidentally, I stumbled upon an event a dm was in the process of creating, and soon after, I was whispered by a dm who told me to keep quiet. Since I knew something big was about to happen, I waited outside of the main city gates until, as luck would have it, a dm controlled npc appeared running toward the city screaming bloody murder. I was the first to initate contact with the npc and ended up participating in the event. Later I was summoned to court to testify about the events that unfolded. The event ended up going horrible, and the surviving hostages of the town were slaughtered. Everyone who participated was jailed. Not a very nice welcome to on-line content but pritty cool nonetheless. Not exactly a crowning achievement, but it makes for a good story.

Comment

There's so many fond memories of Nwn that i'll only mention a few:

The early days of Nwn... Before the add-ons... Rainrix Iasant and Ando Kross (A friend in rl) were masters of the arena in Grey Knights. This was before Dex fighters took over everything and we were both Str fighters. In my opinion I have more honour than Ando because he used leto to make his char sub-race Half Orc but keep human appearence... whilst I stayed as human. Fighting back to back against lots of other people was an awesome experience. I guess being the best at something is just very satisfying.

The major quest Rainrix Iasant took to regain his humanity. Fighting through many Mind Flayers to find a machine that could bring his body back to life (Sort of like the sarcophagus from Stargate... Put someone badly wounded in it and they'll come back fully healed). All done in the memory and honour of his wife that mysteriously disappeared (Her rl bf got jealous, we weren't even doing anything dodgy lol). Then the aftermath of having to fight a vampire he turned himself. I'll still bring Rainrix back some day, but i'm never turning him vampire again... it's lame bouncing about... almost lame making him mortal again but I guess but he was always struggling with his humanity when he was a vampire.

Running about as Ikkit the rat on Siflige, It's living proof that if you play a cute furry creature you can get away with anything! Ikkit was a lvl 20 rogue at the time, pick pocketing items out of peoples packs and then dropping them infront of them and squeaking. Then watch everyone defend the rat! Wherever Rainrix was Ikkit wasn't too far away anywho... and vica versa.

*shrug* many many many other times...
              "A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for a job. That's just a fool." -Reno FF7

Comment

A DM on an RP server I played on decided to make a point that people take DM actions too seriously.

He started to emote the scenery of the area out with things like *The small river babbles on*.

I'm sitting and watching this unfold and after awhile the players he was emoting to decide something is wrong with the river, and start questioning where the mouth of the river was and they should check it out for problems when alls the DM said was generic messages like the birds tweet and such.

It was laughing so hard my monitor got doused in my Vodka concoction.
                Last edited by GodBeastX; 11-29-2006, 05:17 PM.

Comment

My favorite moment was after they added RDD to a class and we had one hard core power gamer that HAD to be the best at everything. So he tweaked till he got his wings and then the DM's had a surprise for him. Now, he was a cool guy so he played along but Demons were a major no-no in this world and hated by all so imagine his buddies surprise when he sprouted wings.
                  the LGs wanted to put him on trial and burn him and the Neuts all wanted to help the poor soul. The trial won out but he won a reprive in that the DM's put together a serious of quests to clense him of evil. Basically the whole server ran around trying to find clues on how to restore him and save his soul. We only have 30 days (real time) so it was a strech and the DM's waited till the last minute to reveal the last missing ingredient in the spell. My team barely made it back in time to the trial as they were passing final judegment on him. Still everytone enjoyed it and the DM's then let him re-level without the RDD to prevent the Paladins from killing him on sight again.

Comment

Working...
                  X