Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dragon Age 2 Trailer Released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Age 2 Trailer Released!

Just today.

Dragon Age II
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Developer(s) BioWare
    Publisher(s) Electronic Arts
    Platform(s) Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
    Release date(s)
    NA March 8, 2011
    Genre(s) Computer role-playing
    Mode(s) Single-player
    Dragon Age II is the upcoming sequel to BioWare's 2009 role-playing game Dragon Age: Origins. Unlike Dragon Age: Origins, the main character's background, race and voice will be set. The story centralizes around a fully-voiced human character, Hawke, a Lothering refugee who rises to power.

Characters
    Hawke: The protagonist who had escaped from Lothering to become champion of Kirkwall in the Free Marches.
    Bethany: Hawke's sister and a mage.
    Varric: A dwarf who acts as narrator and has accompanied Hawke on travels.
    Cassandra: A chantry seeker that is interested in Hawke. She believes understanding Hawke's actions could be the key to preventing a war that threatens to engulf Thedas.
    Flemeth: The notorious Witch of the Wilds.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/

Got to say the trailer is pretty badass, it looks like Hawke is fighting some kind of demon? Which may be an expansion to the dragon age lore, as they really only explained spirits, some of the darkspawn and mentioning of the 'old gods'... So far there hasn't been any real lore revelation of any good vs evil strife (in the sense of races like demons, devils).

Also, Hawk's powers seem almost... demonic. Which is interesting, the visions he has are maybe a mentor that helped him gain those abilities? Witchdoctor? Anyway... despite the rigid linearity of this sequel, I do see what BioWare was going for.

In Mass Effect (which is more popular than Dragon Age in terms of sales) your character kind of had this focused persona of being an elite captain of a sophisticated vessel. By building their story around it, they could focus much more on making you seem like a badass... We'll see if the concept works as well for Dragon Age 2.

After all, I have yet to see BioWare let anyone down on a game yet.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Oh man oh man oh man.
    Originally posted by Satoshi
    Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
    Originally posted by Cornuto
    Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

I dont like the idea of only having a human protagonist but I guess by the way things are looking it cant be helped!
      Originally posted by roguethree
      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Just got an urge to go retool my warlock/weaponmaster build.
        Characters:
        Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
        Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
        If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Peridan View Post
          Just got an urge to go retool my warlock/weaponmaster build.
          *Makes one first*
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

That's some pretty pretty stuff.

And one day games will look that sexeh. Maybe.

Looking forward to it, as Saulus says having a rigid background should (hopefully) do away with a lot of the vagueness that does tend to dog your classical fantasy game (You are a closed book, even to the people of the village... yada yada).

*crosses fingers* please be good...
            It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
            Sydney Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
              *Makes one first*
              Damn!
              Characters:
              Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
              Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
              If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Doubtful View Post
                That's some pretty pretty stuff.

And one day games will look that sexeh. Maybe.

Looking forward to it, as Saulus says having a rigid background should (hopefully) do away with a lot of the vagueness that does tend to dog your classical fantasy game (You are a closed book, even to the people of the village... yada yada).

*crosses fingers* please be good...
                I hope your right Doubtful.
                Originally posted by roguethree
                If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

One point I forgot to mention is that the character of Hawke will be fully voiced, as opposed to the voiceless protagonist of DA1. (Which is a another similarity to Mass Effect as the protagonist is voiced in it as well).

George Carlin

Comment

Flemeth: The notorious Witch of the Wilds.
                    B...B...But I killed her
                    My to-be toon:
                    Shafiq Al-Mawt: Zakharan myrkulite.

My tomb of old toons:
                    Cruven Schlachten - Blood Reaver of Garagos, Blackwood Company Elite, Hellstrom Head of Security
                    Marcus Waynard- Horned Harbinger, fear his best bud Frank!... and Jim, Bob, Sue, and Jane...
                    Davlamin Frostfoot - Frosty Snowflake, the Frozen Fist of Auril, sworn enemy of the Second Wind fire pit.

Click here to see the full image of my avatar, by Algido.

Comment

Originally posted by AsuraKing View Post
                      B...B...But I killed her
                      But don't you remember the stories about her? And what Morrigan said?
                      Originally posted by Satoshi
                      Boobs > You. Cornuto: 0 Cat: 1
                      Originally posted by Cornuto
                      Glad everyone's being extra fucking ridiculous today.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus
                        Just today.

http://dragonage.bioware.com/da2/

Got to say the trailer is pretty badass, it looks like Hawke is fighting some kind of demon? Which may be an expansion to the dragon age lore, as they really only explained spirits, some of the darkspawn and mentioning of the 'old gods'... So far there hasn't been any real lore revelation of any good vs evil strife (in the sense of races like demons, devils).

Also, Hawk's powers seem almost... demonic. Which is interesting, the visions he has are maybe a mentor that helped him gain those abilities? Witchdoctor? Anyway... despite the rigid linearity of this sequel, I do see what BioWare was going for.

In Mass Effect (which is more popular than Dragon Age in terms of sales) your character kind of had this focused persona of being an elite captain of a sophisticated vessel. By building their story around it, they could focus much more on making you seem like a badass... We'll see if the concept works as well for Dragon Age 2.

After all, I have yet to see BioWare let anyone down on a game yet.
                        It's not a demon. It's the new Qunari.

But that trailer is full of awesome, I can't wait for the game.
                        Raman Aseph - Runescarred Berserker
                        http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Raman_Aseph

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot BioWare saying that only some Qunari don't have horns and the more pure 'elite' caste of their race has horns.

Regardless looks like Hawke fucked them up.

George Carlin

Comment

Looks like Hawke's not afraid of a bit of blood magic =D

I'll be interested to see if they can do it in the Mass Effect mould and still manage to keep the scope of DA1. I like Mass Effect, but it's way more linear.
                            I got one leg missin'
                            How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                            Meet the Feebles

Comment

*resurrects thread*

Some sexiness here:
                              http://www.pixologic.com/interview/dragon-age2/1/
                              It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                              Sydney Smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X