Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NWN2 Modebar problem fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWN2 Modebar problem fix.

Many of you have been pestered by me, and some have the same problem of the Modebar floating in the middle of the right side of the screen, so I am posting the how to fix here.

Open the following file.

My Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\ui\default\guisettings.ini

Either scroll down or search for [modebar]

In my case with trial and error I set it to:
    ypos-768=640
    ...............^^^
    The last number is the one you need to change, do not touch the other number.

I only get that bug if I run in a low resolution. No issues with 1920 x 1200!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

I've been hiding the damn modbar for some time now and have learned to live with it's quirk. My graphics and resolution is pretty much set to Kings Quest 1 levels, and my computer will probably spit sparks at me if I make it any higher.... I'll have to try that code out
      Dice Rolling Site
      Pathfinder SRD
      D&D SRD
      SKETCH-A-MAP SITE

D&Dwiki

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
        Show off.
        I got one leg missin'
        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
        Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Saulus View Post
          I'm getting it at that res........been bugging me for months but i can kill it now
          Choose your destiny,test your might,be a dwarf.

Chuck Norris can believe its not butter.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989

Comment

For me I just toggeled back and forth beween resolution and it righted it self.
            Elandra: A former Red Blade, now roams the wilderness with the Lone wolf as her guide
            Alexandra: Ever faithful (just shy of a Zealot)
            Yodglum: May Kossuth's flame light your way and burn those in it!
            Ash: Dusty old miner of still looking for the "mother load" on Exigo's stag

Shaving kittens: not an official sport, but fun just the same

Comment

I tried the toggling back and forth, it left it in the middle each time.

My Monitor will do better but my video card can't quite reach its native rez.

Oh, and don't thank me, Maevan pointed me in the right direction.

Comment

hehe I would use the fix but with my 27'' monitor it just doesnt bug me
                "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."
                Yogi Berra

Learn things:http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
                http://www.sundren.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

oh yeah...2048 x 1152 :P :P :P
                  Yogi Berra

Comment

I used to play a bit on my 42" ((which I luckily plucked from the flood)) and still had the same problem, though with a screen that large I actually found it much harder to play then on my 20" monitor. Working on finding a way to replace the computer, however. Though with the withdrawls I am feeling from being unable to play, I wont stop until I get it. Hopefully once I do I can play without the modebar stuck in the middle of my screen forever frustrating me.

Comment

If that 42" is a TV I'm disqualifying you from gloating about it *shakes fist*... I actually stick the window that shows all the attack rolls and spellcasts under the modebar on mine with everything including the player chat window and area map window forming a square around the middle of my screen works pretty well, especially with a char that has tracking
                      Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by grant
                        Many of you have been pestered by me, and some have the same problem of the Modebar floating in the middle of the right side of the screen, so I am posting the how to fix here.
                        Thanks, grant! I've had that problem since before I joined Sundren. No one on the Vault forums was able to help. I got it after running in Safe Mode to fix a problem not related to NWN2.
                        Cheers,
                        Dave
                        ================
                        Tery Mard

Comment

I don't suppose anyone would know - seeing we're on the subject of UI placements - how to fix the purchase window?

I had a bug that occured when purchasing large amounts of arrows. I usually try to position my store window under where the prompt for "how many of this will you purchase" so that I can rapid-click through it, but at some point the window in my UI has ended up having problems and ended up in the upper left corner of the screen. I'd like to get it back where it was. ^_^;
                          Maia Nanethiel ~ Moon Elf Female Ranger

Comment

ProTip: You can click the confirm button like 5 times (just click it as rapidly as you can) before it disappears and get 5 bundles of arrows.

(You still have to pay for them all)
                            Originally posted by Saulus
                            Stop playing other shitty MMOs and work on Sundren, asshole.

Comment

Working...
                            X