Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starcraft 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft 2?

I'm thinking about getting this, as I used to love the original, but there are no reviews yet and I've got one big concern. Hopefully someone among you has been playing it and can help! Does the multiplayer function like the original starcraft, or have they gone the warcraft 3 route with heroes and leveling and stuff?

I know many may disagree, but I hated the WC3 multiplayer. If SC2 follows that model I don't really want to fork out the $$$ for it.
    I got one leg missin'
    How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
    Meet the Feebles

I have played the Beta....but my Battle net account was recently hacked. I recommend it as its AMAZING.

There are no heros, no lvling. But they do have some interesting new units. Gives the game an all new edge.

Comment

Heroes are silly :P

Played the beta bit at my friend's house, definitely liking the speed at the beginning, gather rates seem to have been tweaked somewhat. Was getting my first 'lings around the 2-3min mark if I remember correctly

The new early-game hydra replacement is HILARIOUS, the regen rate when underground generally just being massive lolz. Bit worried about the added macro and micro for zerg though, with more burrowing and that thing that gives you 3 extra larvae on your hatcheries :S

Didn't like the graphics on the screenshots as they were releasing them, but after playing the Beta I have been converted
      Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Played the beta for a while, liked it. You still have the feeling from the old game, but the new units add cool little twists to fighting. The death animations are just delicious and colorful. Highly recommended.

Comment

I have the game pre-ordered. It hasn't arrived yet. But beta was pretty fun. It's actually one of the reasons why I am not in Sundren as often anymore. If you get the game let me know so we can get a few games going. I especially love crushing my opponents when it's someone I know.
          "Thanks is best given in the form of gold." -Kyle Rendell

Comment

YAY, I am unhacked now.....I can play SC2 online again

Comment

It sounds like just the ticket! I've been missing marines and siege tanks and dropships... but not for long!

*wonders if his old dropship assault tactics will still work*
              I got one leg missin'
              How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
              Meet the Feebles

Comment

Ahhh, loved the old goliath drops. Would completely grind their economy to a halt if pulled of unnoticed xD

Comment

Bloody typical Rusty. Haven't seen you on Sundren for a year or so, but talk of Starcraft immediately causes you to post on the forums. Build moar pylons beatch, you know you want to =)
                  I got one leg missin'
                  How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                  Meet the Feebles

Comment

It rocks get it mach and tell me your blizz id so you and I can epicly battle I'm a toss player how about you?
                    Elric Modner. - "Yesterday I dared struggle against tyranny, Today I dare to fight once again."

Comment

Ello Anks! I picked it up this afternoon actually, so I'm playing the single player. My battle.net tag is TheDentist if you want to add me. I'll be getting into multiplayer soon enough!
                      I got one leg missin'
                      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                      Meet the Feebles

Comment

TRAITORS!!! You are all supposed to be writing RP post while the server is down. Or be just bored. But playing other games? That is absolutely no option!

Comment

Any of you peeps who're playing, feel free to add me.

Id; TheDentist
                          Code; 770
                          I got one leg missin'
                          How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                          Meet the Feebles

Comment

Originally posted by Machiavelli View Post
                            Bloody typical Rusty. Haven't seen you on Sundren for a year or so, but talk of Starcraft immediately causes you to post on the forums. Build moar pylons beatch, you know you want to =)
                            Might be seeing Val again around October-time, actually, I've got me a dongle-thingummy so I can play while at uni

Comment

It'd be awesome to see you Rusty. That said, cough up your starcraft details so I can kick your arse! =D
                              I got one leg missin'
                              How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                              Meet the Feebles

Comment

Working...
                              X