Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Technical network question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technical network question

This one is for your really computer savvy guys out there.

Here's my issue, so I built a computer a couple months ago. Using Win 7 64 bit. Using a wired connection to my router (linksys WRT610N).
    Same router as before, same wired connection. Was XP before.
    While playing on Sundren I alt/tab back to desktop and start a web browser to look at the forums. I may make a few clicks and load a few pages then the connection is lost to my computer and I have to reboot which fixes the problem. Never had this with my previous computer.
    Tried tinkering with QoS (Quality of Service)within the router but doesn't seem to make a difference.
    Not sure why playing NWN2 and operating a browser at the same time would take my computers networking offline. My wife on her laptop using the wireless is uneffected.
    So throwing this out to the wizards. Saulus you out there?

the forums have been flaky.They have been unreachable frequently of late. Have you tried other websites?
    sigpic
    Gravity is a myth; Earth just sucks.

>>> Flame Warriors! <<<

Comment

Yes, any web browsing can bring the network connection down if NWN2 is running also. That is my understanding of the problem at this point.
      If I'm running the game and a web browser at the same time the game and the browser may disconnect and will not reconnect to the internet until I reboot my computer. The problem isn't consistent. As I am writing this while the game is in the background. But if I keep clicking it may happen.

Comment

The problem could be with your network adaptor since you updated to Windows 7. Try and see if there's newer Windows 7 drivers for it. If it's an integrated network adaptor, usually going to the motherboard manufacturer's website helps.
        You could also check the name of the network adaptor in device manager, then google that name for drivers. The motherboard manufacturer website doesn't always have the latest.

If you're running some kind of firewall you could also disable it temporarily to troubleshoot the issue.

You could also try updating the firmware on your WRT610N and see if that helps.
        http://www.linksysbycisco.com/EU/en/...T610N/download

Comment

Working...
        X