Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snoop's Wacom Tablet Adventures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snoop's Wacom Tablet Adventures

Since the gallery doesn't have a section for this, I figured I'd start a thread...

Welcome to
    Snoop's Tablet Pimp Pad

I got a Wacom Intuous 3 tablet about a year ago and had been getting the hang of digital art. I try a lot of different styles and techniques from time to time and I know some people in the NWN community are interested in artwork, so I'll be posting stuff as I work on them.

Andrea - Vampire Broad

Total Time: 4 Hours
    Software Used: Manga Studio (Sketch), Photoshop (Illustration).

I mostly wanted to mess with doing a moonlight scene as well as trying the pen tool in Photoshop. I busted out Manga studio to sketch out a character quick and used the pen tool to ink it. I have to say, I HATE THE PEN TOOL! Not only did it take me forever to get the paths mapped out, the lack of pressure changes bugs me.

The moon I did with a white circle and gray textured brush. The clouds were quickly done with brush tool a bit of color variation, dodge/burn, and smudge tool. Smudge tool on high DPI images kills your cpu. This was a 600dpi image until I tried that tool. I'm going to mess with other clouds techniques later.

Ooh!

Can I join in?

Been a loooong time since I busted out my wacom for anything other than dull techy stuff or really simple blendy things (Whatever happened to my wild enthusiasm anyway?), but yesterday I decided to get back out the drawing toys and do 1 new doodle or paint a day. Preferably an hour, 30 mins if time's short.

This is yesterdays - 1hr sesh, spent to long trying to get my wacom set up just how I like it, and sort out brushes.

Not that happy, will work on the idea again.

Just standard PS brushes, one or two quickly made custom ones for noise.
    Eira Skald - Icy bitch.
    Karsten Mannerheim - Idealist and murderer.
    Vincent Hopkins - Witch Hunter and man of faith.
    Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
    Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.

Comment

Hey! I think Peridan is the squiggly looking Legionnaire.

Nice guys, top notch. I wish I had artistic talent. Or any talent....
      Characters:
      Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
      Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
      If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

@TheBrogueadier:

I need to figure out some good brush setups. I have no formal art training so it can be a pain figuring out what works well and what doesn't

Comment

Hit & miss is the best way to learn!

Take the time to pull together a selection of works from artists you like, see how they do their work and go from there - On the art side I've not really had a vast amount of formal training, at least not for drawing or painting, and most of my PS stuff is self taught.

For brushes, there are a bazillion out there, but as someone explained to me recently brushes are a very personal thing - they are what defines your style of art, they are a personal thing. Make your own whenever you can, resist the temptation to download packs of them or grabbing them out of photos.

Todays; started off as a redo of yesterdays, ended up going of on a tangent. Then got refined again when I made a few new brushes and wanted to try them out. Around 1.5-2hrs in total

Eira Skald - Icy bitch.
          Karsten Mannerheim - Idealist and murderer.
          Vincent Hopkins - Witch Hunter and man of faith.
          Aedan Gilter - Dreamer of broken dreams.
          Henry L. Jones - Oh god, I can see forever.

Comment

Hot damn that is some nice brush work.
            Originally posted by ThePaganKing
            So, the roguethree bootlickers strike again.

Comment

Working...
            X