Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid hobbies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to think I'm a martial artist, but it's been a while. Got my black-belt in Taekwondo, touched on Aikido, and trained extensively in kickboxing - but it's been two or three years since competing.

I also did a lot of sleight-of-hand, card and coin magic. I was getting paid to do it for a while but I ran out of ways to advance without spending a lot of time paying for tutoring or reading books. And I was never good at learning out of a book in terms of sleight-of-hand, as mimicking written instruction with subtle hand movements is hard.

Now I'm doing parkour, which is similar to free running (a term more people recognize).
    Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Do parkour like this and I'll be impressed.
      The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Haha, damn - that game looks like'd it be fun to mess around with. But alas, I fear I'll never impress you with skills like those.
        Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Comment

Well...Here we go...

I am a vocalist,songwriter,recording engineer/producer.I also enjoy traveling and used to be in a world wide touring metal band called Arsis(Nuclear Blast Records).

Reading is another hobby..I have read and own over 200 Forgotten Realms titles and have also read a great deal of Dragonlance.

I used to get extremely wasted and get into bar fights almost every other weekend as well...Mostly between the ages of 21-23. was a bouncer at a strip club,so it was in the job description.Sadly,it was usually the military guys that I had to crush more than others..I figured they would train those guys a little better,so I just assumed perhaps they need to get some training in " How to fight disgruntled bouncers named Mike."*Shrugs*

Then my ex-wife had my daughter and my days of bouncing and hurting people had to come to an end...Now I am a daddy that does all the above still ,except for the previous paragraph and touring the world...

Now I am pretty chill and non-confrontational about things IF I can prevent it.
          And if you do not believe I was in a real touring band,check out the pics submitted by Darcane in the gallery...

Comment

Kangleton, Taekwondo is awesome! I'd still consider you a martial artist, especially if you have your black belt. Not sure if Peri would. Taekwondo is pretty popular in my neighborhood but I could never get into it for some reason. Lots O' kickin! I have bad knees.

After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box.

Comment

Getting your black-belt is like graduating elementary school. There's still a whole lot more to progress through down the road, and it only gets more and more difficult and impressive. I stopped at the very beginning, really.

Also, I don't recommend Taekwondo as a martial art if you're looking for practical self-defense techniques. It helps you in a standing fight, though you have no proficiency on the ground, and that's where I find the majority of fights end up if you're fighting outside a dojo. If your opponent is untrained you should be able to keep them from taking you down, but otherwise you'll have a difficult time.

Comment

Taekwon do is a martial art XD. And I agree, getting your black belt is just like getting started. It means you're ready for an actual education, rather than the best of the best.
                Characters:
                Peridan Twilight, one-eyed dog of the Legion, deceased.
                Daniel Nobody, adventurer and part time problem solver.

[DM] Poltergeist :
                If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge an intermediate deity's unbridled fury.

Comment

Working...
                X