Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soundcard problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard problem

Previously I had been using the built in speakers on my computer screen but since moving I have had room to set up my old Soundblaster live 5.1 surround system again.

The card is in and everything is configured and sound is working lovely. I have the latest drivers and everything.

But,

When i load up NWN2 suddenly when the atari symbol flashes up the 2 rear speakers die and only the desktop ones work. If I minimise NWN2 and go to my sound settings in control panel and settings have reverted back to the 2 desktop speakers settings and i have to change it back to surround 5.1 again and click apply. I can then maximise NWN2 and play with full surround sound but it's a real pain and the game keeps crashing too.

This happens every time.

Any suggestions?
    If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
    Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

What sound API are you using ingame for NWN2? Miles 2D audio? Are you using a Soundblaster Live 5.1 from what I understand?
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Soundblaster 5.1 Live! is not on the list, it just says something about 3D audio EAX or something.
      If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
      Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Working...
      X