Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free

I will just leave this here...

http://content.turbine.com/pages/www...source=ddo_com
    Anorith Imyn A young elven girl with a thirst of blood and power.
    -Exigo Syndicate: Rank 1
    -Watchful Sister: Rank 1
    -Dragon Blood: 100% Completed
    - Done -

it seems nice
    "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Back when it first came out and had a 10 day demo I found it really enjoyable, and I've gotten a few emails from them since showing off all the new things they've been adding.

Although, from reading the info about it on the site it sounds like a prettier Runescape (spends real money on items, new races/classes, etc.)
      James Arrow: Potion Vendor

Comment

Ooooh.. free... not such a good idea for what they were premoting in scope and scale. Maybe a good idea to premote people useing it, perhaps not so good in the long term feel and quality of product
        Julia Blackstar

Login:Kusanagifanatic

Comment

Looks neat, but i figure that the "free" part is just enough to make you want to buy the real thing. oh well. I'll still have you Sundren.
          Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
          Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
          Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
          Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
          Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

DDO since 3 years was a monthly fee game.

Days ago I read a topic on MMORPG.COM about the rising of the F2P MMORPGs with MicroPayments (Shaiya, Megaten, Magic World, Perfect World, Fiesta and a big ETC.).
            The FREE part it's 100% Free, you can play the whole game without paying, obviously the ones who pay have benefits, like short term obtained equipment and such.
            That's the same way the private WoW/Lineage Servers works, totally free, but the ones who pays have better things =P.

I resisted the urge to play FFXI because the monthly fee (and the bad customer service).
            But, I played DDO when the game came out and got the 10 days trial and liked the new combat system and such, but... monthly fee!
            So, when I knew DDO was going to be free, I was happy and posted it here.
            - Done -

Comment

For the record, Ive played some Megaten, its alot of fun! but your only gonna enjoy it if you have enjoyed prior games into the series, otherwise it is... a big, big leanring curve and an odd world
              Julia Blackstar

Comment

When this does come out free maybe a few of us could take a look into it together. would be nice to know a few people if i'm going to spend some time there. But hopefully it doesn't steal anyone away from here...I'd miss you guys.
                Sain- Immunes Legionaire and Ex-Adept of the now decimated Red Blades
                Dane Kensbane- Farmboy struggling to adjust to his new life as a favored of Illmater
                Peeli Pebblepounder- Beardless dwarven scout and woodsman
                Alexi Starsunder- Extremely young and headstrong elven rogue searching for his adopted dwarven uncle.
                Siriandel Starsunder- Grizzled Elven ranger, and estranged uncle of Alexi

Comment

i always hated collectible style games or buying gear in online.. the kid with the most money always had the best cards... granted i still usually beat them but what a crock of shit.

YEA sundren for not operating thus ... and I promise when i have a few extra ducat I WILL donate.

but lately i've been playing cuz i don't have money to do anything else :P

Comment

Originally posted by Deathevn View Post
                    For the record, Ive played some Megaten, its alot of fun! but your only gonna enjoy it if you have enjoyed prior games into the series, otherwise it is... a big, big leanring curve and an odd world
                    I love Shin Megami Tensei series, but I have some lag problems on the server,

Agi! *throws fireball*... *15 seconds later*... [You are dead]
                    - Done -

Comment

Thanks Xeesheava! I have DDO on the shelf, never played it

I have played all the SMT games since 1990 as well -.-
                      Originally posted by roguethree
                      If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeesheava View Post
                        I love Shin Megami Tensei series, but I have some lag problems on the server,

Agi! *throws fireball*... *15 seconds later*... [You are dead]
                        Hmmm I never had any preticular lag problems during the game, try differnt channels? I noticed sometimes that makes a difference. My only complaint is alot of the looks I want is pay for but besides that its orrginal, fun, Go go Pyrojack!
                        Julia Blackstar

Comment

I might have to give this a little whirl.
                          If honour is truth and a lie is respect, then a secret is sacred.
                          Confide in me my friend and I shall love you like no other.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathevn View Post
                            Hmmm I never had any preticular lag problems during the game, try differnt channels? I noticed sometimes that makes a difference. My only complaint is alot of the looks I want is pay for but besides that its orrginal, fun, Go go Pyrojack!
                            I just want an evoker and a Nekomata *sniff*
                            - Done -

Comment

Working...
                            X