Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings

Greetings all.

discovered Sundren whilst randomly looking for nwn2 stuff, and it
    looks pretty interesting.

I'll peruse the site a bit more when I get off work, as I'm posting from my Q, and it's a bit hard to see the big pic on a 2" screen.

Just thought I'd say hello, and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome. Great to see some new faces around here. If you have any questions about the project feel free to ask, we're also always looking to improve!
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Welcome

Comment

I also stumbled upon Sundren, but then again i was looking for NWN2 PW's. Seems like you got an interesting world going and I'm game to try it out. I only have minimal PW experience from NWN1 so I'm interested in giving this a shot. Looking forward to some good old fashion questing. Anyways just saying hi.
        The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Great to see more new faces, especially Canadians . Everyone is just getting their act together with NWN2 right now. Many PWs will be coming out end of this month or December. We are working hard to meet that date but you can't rush perfection.
          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Hello There,

I have also stumbled upon this website in its niche of existence by chance, a link which mentioned 'persistent world' and immediately caught my attention. One such as I who loves RPGs for the story, depth, and intracacies they propagate could not desire pass up something like this which seems to extend those many joyful experiences.

However, I am not without questions. I am a veteran of the Never Winter Nights, single player only. In the Neverwinter Nights 2 singleplayer campaign, I am at the very ends. This leaves to me questions, exactly what is a persistent world in a game such as this? Does it transform such a brilliant game as Neverwinter Nights into an ever-changing (somewhat large) world as in MMORPGs?

Know that I've a keen interest in this concept (thanks Zhjaeve - 'know'), and would be most thankful if some of my questions could be cleared up with the wise words of the project masters.

Though I'm not experienced with coding, modeling, or anything particularly technical (beyond being a tech. wiz with networks and hardware), I can contribute some things which can possibly be entirely obsolete should my premature notions of the content of this project be false. I have time, a decent mastery of the English language, and a voice quite good to use for 'evil-doers' or gruff fellows.

So, therefore, I'd be happy to lend a hand in writing scripts for stories/plots or providing some voices for characters. Though, as I said, it is quite possible that my preconcieved notions are false in their entirety, negating the significance of any help I offer. Still, I am interested in this and would be gracious should my question be answered.

Allow me to simplify and isolate my question from the jumbled collection of words I have etched into this virtual tablet: What exactly is this 'persistent world' in what I have felt to be a singleplayer oriented game, are they merely a string of quests with no other play, or will there be a collection of locations for free play such as cities, towns with politics, mercantilism and so on?

Thanks,
            Blake "Saul Kragnos" Roberts

(P.S. Please do not smite me great Lord of these forums for stealing the first portion of thy name, nay, I naught realized my crime until browsing these great archived halls. Mercy mi'lord, mercy, I meant no harm your grace! Okay, sarcasm and my itching RPG crave have gotten to me, but really - I didn't intend to steal your name.)

Comment

If you ever say "Know that" again, I will melt your face.

If you have specific questions, you may send me a private message at your leisure and I will respond when I am able.
              Sunder me? Sunder you!

Comment

I stumbled on here too. I'm interested to see how your pw works out. I'm in the market for a NWN2 pw after playing on an NWN1 world for over a year. Who knows maybe Sundren will be my NWN2 home. ((I'm not moving in my couches yet though, I don't think I'm ready for that stage in our relationship.))

Comment

Ooh, just wait until you try our meatloaf.
                  -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

Originally posted by VFoxcraft View Post
                    Ooh, just wait until you try our meatloaf.
                    It better be good nothing's worse than dry meatloaf. In fact I'm much more interested in your pies. What do you have in a chocolate pie?

Comment

Chocolate.
                      -Harbinger of Justice

Death:"Humans need fantasy to be human, to be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape."

Woman: "Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little--"

Death: "Yes. As Practice. You have to start out learning to believe the little lies."

Woman: "So we can belive the big ones?"

Death: "Yes. Justice. Mercy. Duty. Things of that nature."

Comment

I like pie.
                        Particularly mutton and mint.
                        There's a thin line between the definition of genius and insanity; I cross it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X