Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

greetings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greetings

Hello all,
    komrade kevin here. just want to say hi.
    i hope to have my Barbarian and soon to be cleric Hygaard Eriksonn up and playing.

Cheers from Nunavut Canada

Kevin

A barbarian AND cleric! What a combination

Welcome Comrade!
    Originally posted by roguethree
    If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

holy smokes batman, does this Sundern updater thing work? i am having problems with downloading

Comment

Sure does, what's the problem You're having? It does have to download around 1GB of data so it may take awhile depending on the speed of your internet connection.
        The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Well right now i am stuck at "installing.net framework 3.5 SP1..." box and i stop there. Most likely my bandwidth is a factor. i am in a remote area of Canada and the 'net access can cause me problems. i will try again tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by komrade kevin View Post
            ...i am in a remote area of Canada and the 'net access can cause me problems....

He's not kidding. I used to live up there and sympathize with the connectivity.... Here is a quick image of what he should see out his window right now:

Comment

Ahaha, I had a problem with that!

If your using Vista you might need to right click setup, change to XPSP2 mode, then click run as administrator otherwise it takes about twenty mins to get past the .NET Framework installation!

* worked for me, might not work for you... wish you luck!
              If I had my way, clerics would have spell failure and a d6 hit die. And Favored Souls wouldn't exist.

Comment

Well you shouldn't have problems installing .NET SP1 ... it's pretty standard. Are you on XP?
                The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

i am using XP. is that a problem?

and you can see my apartment in that pic. Funny Black Hand. you can visit me and crash on my couch.

Comment

On my system there was a BIG delay (as If the computer was thinking but with no CPU or System Memory usage. No HDD light either).
                    Not sure if its the installer or anything that requires admin rights that doesnt have a specific Vista runtime that overrides the UAC! Or perhaps its just my computer...

Meh I had problems with TFR's installer about 3 years back though so it could be related.

Comment

I had exactly the same issue with .net framework installation. I just got it direct from the microsoft website then re-ran the updater. That solved it for me.
                      I got one leg missin'
                      How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
                      Meet the Feebles

Comment

^ Probably the way to solve it, Thanks Mach...

Comment

Welcome to Sundren

Nice place to live by the way, I really liked it.
                          "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Comment

Working...
                          X