Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello - please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello - please help

I hope to soon join your world, as soon as I figure out why the auto updater isn't working.
    When I open it and presses start it simply says "update failed. Click retry try again" and no matter how many times I click retry it gives me the same message.
    I'm running vista ultimate, don't know if that's the problem.
    If I go into options it suggests this server : http://lastheretics.com/updater/ and if I press validate it says "unable to download configuration" and shows a red !

Hope I'm not posting this the wrong place, if I am I'm sorry, I have searched wiki and the forum and FAQ for answers to my problem without luck, but I might be blind, if so please bear with my disability.

Hope it'll work out.

Make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed on your computer, and that the gamepath is correct in 'Options'.

Also, welcome to Sundren!
    <Khassaki> HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!
    <Judge-Mental> try pressing the the Caps Lock key
    <Khassaki> O THANKS!!! ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE NOW!!!!!!!
    <Judge-Mental> f**k me

Comment

I installed .NET framework prior to installing the updater.
      It wants to make my gamepath C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2, but I normally I have my pwc and other gamefiles under
      C:\Users\********\Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2, but when I change it to that and press update it chances back to C:\Program Files\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2.

Comment

I do believe it wants the path in which your nwn2.exe and other .exe files are located, and not the folder in your documents that holds the .hak, .pwc, etc.

If you do have the latest version of .NET framework (3.5), then I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. You'll have to wait for a more knowledgeable person to reply.
        <Khassaki> HI EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!
        <Judge-Mental> try pressing the the Caps Lock key
        <Khassaki> O THANKS!!! ITS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE NOW!!!!!!!
        <Judge-Mental> f**k me

Comment

If I remember correctly, it asks for the path of the NWN2.exe because there is a quick launch feature in the updater that you can boot the game once you update.

And as ST said, that file is in your prgram files path.

Comment

Thanks for the help
            I tried running an update for my windows and now it seems to be working

Comment

Yes don't change the default location, it is just looking for the nwn2.exe ... it automatically knows where your MyDocuments folder is.
              The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Good deal. Hope to see you in game, then.
                Dalian - Shapeshifter of the Tuatha Dé Dúlra
                "My true identity goes beyond the outer roles I play. It transcends the Self."
                UTC -4

Comment

Working...
                X