Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A wonderful new world to explore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wonderful new world to explore

Hi!

For a very long time, I have seen the words "Hello Emma, our records indicate that you have never posted to our site..." when I have entered the forums. So, I thought it was time to do something about this!

I actually downloaded my first Sundren-files a very long time ago. But at that time, I was already immersed in anonther persistant world, Shroudworld, which now alas is down indefinitely due to technical problems.

So, a little while ago, I created a Sundred character and started to play. My monk is called Seyda Neen (and those who have ever played Elder Scrolls: Morrowind might recall where that name originally came from), and she is currently at lvl 5. She has been told by the city watch that she should go and kill a lizard boss, and at the camp she has been told to bring back the head of a goblin boss (probably without the rest of his body). She has a sneaky suspicion that this task might be a little too much at this early stage, so she'll either have to level up a bit, or try to find other players who might accompany her. As she enjoys teaming up with others, she is hoping for the latter!

So far, Sundren looks lovely, in spite of its weather conditions . The quests are nice, and I very much appreciate that there are other ways to gain xps than by simply killing things! The exploration xps are very welcome and appreciated!

I do have some issues with lag when there are plenty of people online. Therefore I tend to log in during less busy hours. I live in Sweden, GMT +1, so that isn't hard. What is hard it to sadly have to say No thank you to those kind players who have offered me company when it has already been 1.30 in the night my time and definitely time to log out! I hope to be able to play with you at some other point!

One thing I haven't quite figured out yet is how to get access to more areas. Will the map locations be given to me by quest givers once I complete further quests, will they be there automatically when I reach a certain level, or do I have to find my way through secret passages... I'm a bit confused over this and right now I run around and talk to every npc each time I see them, hoping that they might have more dialog than previously.

Anyway, so far I am finding Sundren quite enjoyable, and if it continues as it has started, I'll be around for a long time to come

Emma

P S My username in the game is Sigrid Marie, not Emma

Hello and welcome! Seen you on several times, and even though we're both Europeans I can't recall ever really playing with you. Guess that needs some changing in the near future

Regardless, I hope you'll enjoy your stay for many months to come.

Comment

Welcome to Sundren, I'm very happy to see another monk.

About the areas, I hear some can be accessed as you level up(The Necropolis is one of them) however you can use the follow command on another player and if they go there, it will be unlocked for you as well.

Areas that have portals are another way to access them for the first time, same if you travel across areas.

However, the easiest way is to accept a quest, or get directions from an NPC. The Exigo Trading post is a great place to start, then Sundren. Though, I am sure if you ask nicely(Or pay a few coins) another character would happily become your guide.

Remember, that agreeing to some quests will tie you to a faction, though it's hard to miss these "quests*. As a role playing server you should keep an eye out of which you pick up, though there is no limit to how many/what you pick up. Give a glance through the wiki as well, and be sure to grab your holy symbol(Assuming you have a deity) from the post.

Enjoy your stay!

Alcander Nefezen-'Sometimes, I wonder, does a Dragon see the same colours as I?"

Comment

Working...
      X