Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello...and a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello...and a question

Hi...new player. I haven't actually had a chance to go in game yet, but I hope to soon. I was thinking about starting a halfling druid worshipper of Sheela Peryroyl. Obviously that's not one of the deities you can select at character creation. Is there a way to enter a custom diety (as you could in NWN 1)? Would it have in-game implications to say I'm a worshipper of X if X isn't in the deity space?

I guess I lied...that was two questions. See you all in game soon.

The only deities that are available are the default, Sundren-approved ones. We do not allow custom deities.
    The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin

Comment

Welcome!

NWN2 ties your char into the provided deities where NWN1 didn't and no can't do this. Also you will find that the DMs monitor your RP against your deity to make sure you are keeping in line.

Some of the domains have been changed. Here is the info

EDIT: beaten to it!
      Peppington Merrifefferlis - Most learned scholar of the fine exalted institution that is Candlekeep, centre of all learning that is Arcane and magical in nature. Also loves cats.

Comment

Is it against the rules to set your deity to 'none' at CC, but then claim to worship 'the Unseeing Eye' or somesuch made up deity, perhaps in an effort to aquire followers in order to make a religious pyramid scheme?
        Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

As long as you don't expect to recieve any divine spells or powers from it. And realize that heresy usually end in a wooden post, rope, kindling, and a torch.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
            And realize that heresy usually end in a wooden post, rope, kindling, and a torch.
            Can't wait to use that .dmburnheretic command.

As an aside, the .dmblamemako, .dmignoremako, and .dmspammako commands are working wonderfully.

In all seriousness, if a character was to worship a made-up deity, they'd be looked at like they were crazy, wouldn't receive any divine powers as a cleric, and quite possibly, as our main man s-dizzle mentioned, burn at the post. Sundren has such wonderful variety that you shouldn't have any trouble finding what you're looking for.

Try http://www.thieves-guild.net/index.php?pid=29 for more information.

Comment

Sorry...to clarify, by custom deity, I didn't mean one I made up. I meant one that's listed in the post on the Sundren pantheon here but wouldn't be available on character creation. I assume all those deities are available for PCs to worship, including the halfling pantheon. If not...well, I'll pick another tree-huggin', nature-worshippin' god.

Comment

If I were the God of Lies, Madness, or Hilarity, I would sponser a Cleric's spell list even if he was worshipping a false entity. It would be fun, and it would make everyone think he was telling the truth. Seriously, thats gotta be the best way to spread Lies, Madness, or Hilarity, right? Causing a mass-paradigm shift towards falsehoods?

Ha.

But uh, more aligned with maturity, I must ask... if I selected "No Deity", though RP'ed worshipping Taimat, would that be accepted? It is a real entity, but does it count as an "unapproved" deity?
                Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Originally posted by sharringtonm View Post
                  As long as you don't expect to recieve any divine spells or powers from it. And realize that heresy usually end in a wooden post, rope, kindling, and a torch.
                  Right, well this can go on my waiting list along with dust-dealing
                  Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Originally posted by rustediron View Post
                    Right, well this can go on my waiting list along with dust-dealing

I already know some dust dealers in game. Where were you!

Comment

So, Sheela Peryroyl is an approved deity, right? What would I put in for deity selection?

Comment

Working...
                      X