Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*stands up* Hello. I'm a game-aholic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *stands up* Hello. I'm a game-aholic.

*proudly shows his Gamers Anonymous name badge*

Amracil is the name. "Am" to my friends.

I started "using" when I was pretty young. Boxed set at first. I thought it was harmless. *shakes head*

Next thing I knew I was painting miniatures, worrying about how many clear coats I should put on the wizard because his imp familiar has got to look right! *takes a deep breath*

Yeah. I was in bad shape. I was able to lead a more or less normal life for years. You know... went to the meetings, called my sponsor regularly, the whole thing.

And then NWN came out. It was too much. *looks at the floor, heaving a sigh* It was inhuman. *looks around the room, his fingers steepled, but twitching* I found myself unshaven, limping off to work after playing all night because the party needed me and I was the only wizard! *swallows, breathing in ragged gasps, his eyes protruding slightly until he regains his composure*

And now there is NWN2. *eyes fill with tears* It's a thirst I can't quench. I wake up in the middle of the night with my hands hovering over my body, my fingers curled as if on a keyboard... *shudders*

Thanks for the coffee and doughnuts. I am glad to be here. *forces a smile* I am living one day at a time.

----
    Am

*waves a set of dice at you*

Haaaaiiii!

Now roll a will save. XD
    Jaus Rein:"Alvays say eet ees better tau be unnoticed zen tau be a 'eero."
    Reth'dor Fre': "When is it my turn to truely smile?"

Comment

Hey there.

Just give in
      Names Taallic.

Only time can save the world now.
      Immortality is your last hope.
      For my existence to be true, Hell's Fire must burn hotter than Heaven's Cold Gates can stand.

Comment

A full cranial brainectomy can fix this problem
        I got one leg missin'
        How do I get around?

One Leg Missin'
        Meet the Feebles

Comment

Great post

I'm thinking you'll do just fine and likely be in perfect company for your problem. Not to fix it, of course, but at least to commiserate.
          ~ Sigrun Hael - Ranger of the Viridale

~ Aoden Haven - Former Swordcaptain

Comment

I heard real life is coming out as an expansion pack.

I've seen screenshots, the graphics look pretty good.
            "Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man."
            - Bertrand Russell

Comment

...lol, I think I just pooped a bit.
              Pyras: Red Wizard of Thay, High Arcanist of Illusion, Master of the Enclave's Knight Commander.

Currently taking apprentices, and conducting research.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, gang! I will likely be making a character this weekend after I spend a little more time in the forums reading about all the mistakes I am going to make that I will remember after I am told by someone, "Hey... Noobster... you ain't from around here, are ya?" *nods*

Looking forward to getting involved.

----
                Am

Comment

Well... after spending an hour and a half now running the updater, checking my override folder, repeating... downloading the updater again... repeating...

I still get the "you can't join unless you have the armorruleset.2da and nothing else in your override folder" message and then am tossed out of the server.

It was worth a shot. And maybe I will regain my patience and try again some time.

I am sure there is something I am missing, but whatever it is, I am through trying to find it.

----
                  Am

Comment

hmm... try getting someone to dcc send it to you on irc, i think we have a channel
                    Val Evra - Wandmaker and Wanderer

Comment

Working...
                    X