Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well met

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well met

Well met,

I haven't played NWN2 for quite a while as I have been waiting for it to be patched a little, as well as waiting for a roleplaying server of my liking. That means quests, pvp and well designed areas. The servers I've tried in the past were mostly just pointless grinding for xp and farming for stuff, and maybe a few areas with pvp. Also they were mostly big, empty maps with nothing in them. But after noticing that there was a new patch, I decided to see if I could find a good server.

I stumbled upon this server by browsing the Roleplaying servers and sorting them by players. Then checked out the different web-sites after I logged back out to see which looked most promising. The server description tab in the game browser doesn't really tell too much.

This wasn't the first server I checked out, though, since it wasn't the most populated. But it was up there. I think it was the 3rd or 4th site I checked out. I downloaded pwc-files and stuff from all the sites I visited, but when I came to this one I was actually pleasantly surprised. After the initial cool "splash screen" I noticed how easy it was to find the information I needed, and when I discovered that there was a completely automated installation system for the needed files, I was sold even before I tried the server.

I only had time to join the server, get some equipment and talk to some people in town, followed by a short trip to other places (no fighting yet) so I don't know too much about the areas and stuff yet. But because of the way you handled the installation of the necessary files, this was the only server I bothered to actually "install" the files for. I think this is the way to do it to make NWN2 more "avaliable".

As far as gameplay goes, I hope the future of this server will be more about cooperative questing than grinding and farming for items and xp (as well as some pvp conflicts), but I guess I will find out when I have more time to play

Cheers! (wow, didn't mean to be this long-winded)
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Glad you liked it, and welcome to the Sundren server, hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Rogue Player:
    Ok, I'll tell you what. I'll give you one gold for every door you open here in Undermountain.

Fighter Player: Hmmm..you got yourself a deal

DM: *grins*

*Actual happening in PnP D&D*

Comment

Welcome, this place get better every day.
      The problem with the future is that it keeps turning into the present.

Character: Melrick Pinton

Comment

Hmm.... I realised I didn't tell much about myself, apart from the fact that I like roleplaying servers with quest driven gameplay and free pvp.

The first time I really got involved with fantasy was when I read The Hobbit. I regret I didn't read it earlier (I think I was like 17). I had brushed the genre by reading Conan comics and stuff, but it wasn't until Tolkien that I got hooked. I read The Lord of the Rings when I served my compulsatory year in the military, which was when I started playing roleplaying MUDs. Soon after I played Baldur's Gate and was hooked on RPGs as well.

I tried a few roleplaying games before that, like Daggerfall and other 1st person roleplaying games. But they didn't really interest me that much back then, for some reason. And the later Elder Scroll titles still can't compare to Baldur's Gate in my book.

Anyway, I played most games by Bioware and Black Isle after BG, and especially BG2 was awesome. In later years Neverwinter Nights and the KOTOR games were favourites. I avoided Everquest and other online games, but after a while I decided to try some multiplayer with Neverwinter Nights.

While Neverwinter Nights was an okay game, the multiplayer part was the next pinnacle in roleplaying for me. It reminded me of the MUD days, only in 3D. I played persistant world roleplaying servers for many years, which was somewhat disruptive to my studies

I bought Forgotten Realms and D&D books to learn more about the system, and ended up playing a little pen and paper with some friends. I also got a bunch of FR novels, though I'm not really reading those anymore (some were great, but several were not too good).

I eventually grew tired of the limitations and the tile-set graphics of NWN, and tried a few other roleplaying games (I play some non-RPGs as well, of course, but that's another story) like Guildwars and DnD Online. None had the longevity of NWN multiplayer, and I didn't stay too long with either.

When NWN2 came, it somewhat reminded me of Baldur's Gate. It wasn't as good, but the same good feeling was definately there. And only the future will tell if it will be as good in multiplayer as NWN was when it was still fresh.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Comment

Working...
        X