Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return from absence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return from absence.

Good day to you, Sundrenites.

I have returned from a very lengthy span of absence, and wanted to see the new changes to the server that I've read about lately.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some trouble I'm experiencing logging in.. I get instantly booted upon selecting my newly-made character (fully legal, plain human and acceptable class). Any advice?
    Player Login: IAmTheDragon
    Active Characters: Christof d'Alucon

might want to throw it in the help request forum about the details or post it here in more detail

Comment

Actually, that's all the detail I can really provide. I click on my newly made character from the list, and the game acts like it's going to load correctly, but then I get sent back to the main page and it says "You have been booted."

Comment

Welcome back, from the stuff I can access from this tablet it doesn't look like you've been banned or anything (which is good news).

Have you tried older characters or creating another new one with a new name?

Edit: Also, check your CD keys against wherever it was you purchased them from. Its possible they are incorrectly entered and might be being flagged for kicking.
        It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
        Sydney Smith.

Comment

Thanks Doubt.

Tried going on old characters, my new one has a completely new name, and I even tried different CD keys from a German website just to see if anything would be different. No changes; still booted on entry.

Comment

Quick question though, here's a thought:

My downloaded copy of NWN2 doesn't have an autoplay window that shows up where it would list play/toolset/update/ect. Is it possible that the copy of my game isn't fully updated and, hence, booting me for mismatched game versions?

Comment

Just to be sure, I uninstalled and reinstalled the entire platinum version of the game I have and updated as necessary. Again I tried logging in to several different characters, and alas - always the same result: "You have been booted", right as the module is beginning to load.

Any ideas left?

Comment

I wish I could help. I am sure that someone has an idea of what to do. Hang tight for someone that knows a bit better.
                Active Characters
                Hashart Datton- Marshal of the Black Hand
                Oliver Ironhide- Guardian
                Lynk Frost-Champion of Bane
                Dorin Hammond- Scout
                Seith Ronson- Master of War
                "A system of morality which is based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a thoroughly vulgar conception which has nothing sound in it and nothing true."
                Socrates
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bastion_of_Hope
                  I get instantly booted upon selecting my newly-made character (fully legal, plain human and acceptable class). Any advice?
                  It's not a Cleric with illegal domains is it? That's the only reason I've ever been booted for. Clerics can only choose certain domains here

(you probably already know this, just making sure!)

Edit: I didn't read the part about multiple characters all getting booted...damn, this won't be the reason then
                  UTC+8
                  Yes, I realise my RP writing sucks. Just be thankful I keep it short

Characters
                  Thalanis Moonshadow

Comment

This has happened to me before. Have you tried making a new login name and creating a new character?
                    GMT -9

Comment

Keys you got from a German website?

If the keys your using aren't genuine then there is a strong likelyhood that the ones your using have previously been blocked or banned. It would certainly explain the issue!
                      It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do a little - Do what you can.
                      Sydney Smith.

Comment

Ah, crap. That's probably most likely it, then.

Unfortunately, I downloaded my game from Direct2Drive a few years back, and they've completely merged with a new company now and have completely lost what I paid for.

I'll keep trying!

Comment

I had that same problem, I solved it by buying a new copy of the game from GoG when it was on sale. I know that's a shitty solution, but Direct2Drive kinda screwed us. The company they merged with was also not super helpful if memory serves. I recall finding some CD keys posted on websites like Pirates Bay which A) NAUGHTY! B) probably used by other people who might log in leading to you being booted and C) Might be banned at this point. The games is $20 on GoG right now, but they have massive summer sales if you waited a couple months. The only other solution I can think of is to ask around on the internet or in circles of friends if anyone has CD keys they aren't using any more.
                          I can't slow down, I can't hold back though you know I wish I could. No there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good!

Comment

Working...
                          X