Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greets, lubbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greets, lubbers

Greetin's, ya lot.

I'm no good with introductions, especially since it's been a full year or two since my last roleplaying escapade (excluding Everquest II *cough*). Anyway, I'm hoping to be making acquaintanceships with you all soon if not eventually!

Formerly of the MMO crowd, I decided to come back to my RP roots by picking up NWN2. Y'see, NWN1 was my first roleplaying experience and a memorable one at that. I played, DM'd, and designed a number of servers back in those days. The ones that I can recall from the top of my head -- some Faerun server, NWSigil, World of Palladium, Vives, and Tears of Artorin. Yep, those were the good ole days. I generally had a few select characters/personalities I played through each server as I built each of their histories from the ground up. Valerian Wrynn (human swashbuckler/corsair/buccaneer; although he prefers swashbuckler), Vrok (chest pounding half-orc barbarian, "Vrok!" *pounds chest*), Magnus (hell-bent drunkard of a surly dwarf pirate), and some halfling bard I cannot remember whose name was.

Eventually I became burnt out with NWN1 and left to EQII and thereafter Vanguard. Never again will I step foot into MMOs after that experience, heh, but I digress. Regardless I decided to check out NWN2 a couple weeks ago, and already I'm itching to get back into the PW/roleplaying scene once more as my free time is now stretched a bit wider.

After venturing through a few of the areas available in the server, I have to say I'm impressed. I say this because I took a gander at the toolset, myself. There's been quite a bit of a change from NWN1's set, and from what I've played around it appears to not be an easy task to create areas and scripts, let alone the landscape. But then maybe it's because it takes so damn long to load up everything with this stone aged computer. Still, it's quite capable of handling NWN2's requirements. Possibly that's the reason why there aren't as many people playing multiplayer as there once was back in NWN. Though, I imagine in a few years there might be more roleplayers coming along from NWN after today's computer prices are lowered. Gathering what I could from my old guilds/PWs, it seems many withheld buying NWN2 because of it's inflexible requirements.

Right -- I'm rambling again. Apologies, I do that sometimes as I'm a writer/editor. It's quite easy to get caught up in that. No matter, I'm looking forward to meeting the lot of you and venturing in your abode of creativity here.

Cheers!
    "All I e'er wanted 'n life was a good drink an' a pretty lass on me lap..."
    -Valerian Wrynn, Swashbuckler & Former Captain

*blinks* A man with a lot on his heart

Welcome to the party matey, hope you will enjoy the stay
    Player of: Sakamoto. Warrior following the Way of the Blade.

I can hear what you're thinking,
    All your doubts and fears,
    And if you look in my eyes, in time you'll find,
    The reason I'm here.

Comment

I'm no good with introductions, especially since it's been a full year or two since my last roleplaying escapade (excluding Everquest II *cough*). Anyway, I'm hoping to be making acquaintanceships with you all soon if not eventually!
      Well, that was the best introduction i've seen so far :P

And yes, many old nwn players I used to play with havent jumped over to nwn2 just yet, many doesnt have good enought computers like you though.

And wellcome, I hope you will enjoy it here.
      Character: William Norain - Self claimed Protector of Sundren, Keeper of the Necropolis gate, the man betwen Sundren and Oblivion.

Login Lanthar: The Causer of Silence.

Comment

Hey, welcome to sundren! hope ya have fun here.

Comment

Working...
        X